Thread: populate a histogram from existing log data

Tuner

populate a histogram from existing log data

Populate a new histogram from an existing log file.

(or reload one after tweaking a filter)

For example, I might see some specific conditions I want to include in the histogram, to make one narrow area of the VE histogram more accurate. I could change the filter, let the histogram repopulate from the log file, go tweak that part of the VE table. Then tweak the filter to make another part of the VE histogram more accurate, let the histogram repopulate, then go work that part of the VE table.

I could do this by wading through the rows in the exported log data too, but I am really liking the histogram for this kind of work.

Another variation is that I usually match the RPM range on the VE (really afr error) histogram to the VE table. But when I see that two neighboring cells differ by a lot (one says +10 and the one right beside it says -5, especially like the 800 rpm vs the 400 rpm range) then I will sometimes go back and get some finer level of detail in the rpm range so I can see if how linear or how abrupt the differences really are. Because if I'm idling at 650, I care more about what's happening around the 600 and 800 rpm range, and I want to choose the best number to put in the 400 rpm col in the VE table to cover my idle speed of 600-700 rpm.

I don't want to leave that finer level of detail in there all the time because most of the time it's just confusing when getting the data back over into the VE table itself.

So I end up having to log all over again to get that in-between number. The log file already has that detail, if I could just get it to populate the histogram again...

I suspect this might be a plus for black box logging too.

Advanced Tuner
    Not sure I understand what your asking but... if you make a change to a histogram, just right click on it and select load all data. If your trying to filter data, use the filter string of the histogram. If your trying to load additional data from another log file, forget it, aint happening which is exactly why I use export to csv and Excel mostly.
    2005 Grand Prix GTP
    My CarDomain Page

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Perforator
    Not sure I understand what your asking but... if you make a change to a histogram, just right click on it and select load all data.
    That's exactly what I was asking! So it does already do this. Cool.