Thread: BAD VIBRATION

NSTLLMNGR

BAD VIBRATION

AS SOON AS I REACH 94MPH WITH THE SPEED LIMITER SET AT 130 I AM GETTING A BAD VIBRATION FROM THE DRIVETRAIN I THINK .. IS THERE SOMEOTHER LIMITER I MISSED . AT FIRST I THOUGHT IT WAS THE ROAD , BUT IT WASNT . 94+ CAUSES STRONG VIBRATIONS

Re: BAD VIBRATION

Vibration have nothing to do with anything in the tune. There is something mechanically wrong with your truck. I would check alignment, wheel balance, and possible driveshaft balance.

I had a slight vibration cause by a bad U-joint in the driveshaft.
    Born on 11/20/06 07' GMC Sierra DMax EC 4x4 HPT

SOLD:2003 Silverado ECSB 4x4, LQ9, Patriot LS6, TR230/224, 31lb inj, TB Stall, HPT & LC-1.

NSTLLMNGR

the reason i thought it was something in the tune is because it does it right at 94 mph where the original speed limiter was at . i was thinking maybe some sort of fuel cut off or spark , maybe some thing in the tranny or abs controller? ill play with somemore .. the truck only has 250 miles on it.

Ouch 94mph... You're going that fast with only 250mi's on it...?:huh2:

That would be your unbalanced driveshaft going crazy shaking the hell out of the rest of the drivetrain... Unless you want to start replacing ujoints, etc. i would suggest keeping those speeds to a minimium... I know its hard, my Yukon starts shaking like hell at about 112

Warning: User exhibits tendency to use offensive amount of smileys...
    2003 GMC Denali XL
    HPTuners MVPI Pro | LC-1 Wideband | 1 Bar Speed Density OS | MAF Delete | Corsa Sport Exhaust | Flex-A-Lite 282 E-Fans | Nelson Harness | K&N FIPK | SSBC Truck-Force 10 Calipers | Brembo OE Sized Cross-Drilled Discs | NGK TR55's

Senior Tuner

Alignment, or big goofy truck tires can also have a
    nice vibration potential.

NSTLLMNGR

i think a weight came off the driveshaft . there is a spot that looks like something was stuck to it..

NSTLLMNGR

Quote Originally Posted by RoninsDenali
    Ouch 94mph... You're going that fast with only 250mi's on it...?:huh2:

That would be your unbalanced driveshaft going crazy shaking the hell out of the rest of the drivetrain... Unless you want to start replacing ujoints, etc. i would suggest keeping those speeds to a minimium... I know its hard, my Yukon starts shaking like hell at about 112

shit my tahoe wont go past 90..

Senior Tuner

I'm not too up on later trucks, but have seen that
    there can be several "layers" that do the same
    thing, with the drive-by-wire throttle overlaid on
    the older-style control methods. That is, you may
    have an ETC throttle based speed limiter in one
    page, and an old style fuel-cut limiter somewhere
    else like in System>speed limiter section. Go
    through the whole tune, pane by pane, and see
    if there's another speed limiter hiding in the
    woodpile.

Advanced Tuner
    Is it an auto? Check your TCC lockup points - could be converter apply at that speed and not enough lockup line pressure causing it to slip and vibrate