Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Slight miss at light throttle, maxed and split STFT

if the sensors are swapped you will see the STFT's and LTFT's go hard opposite as soon as the car enters closed loop. The car generally won't idle. with one bank at 17:1 and the other at 9:1 AFR.

I don't think this is the problem.
    I count sheep in hex...

The car still has the factory exhaust and I bet the 02s are original as well.

Quote Originally Posted by tech View Post
    The car still has the factory exhaust and I bet the 02s are original as well.
    OK, never mind......

I have a new log file. This log is from another commute to work and does not contain any WOT runs (see below).

www.durhamcons.com/HPT/nomaf.hpl

The partial throttle miss seems to have gone away. You'll also notice that the STFTs don't split anymore. Meanwhile, my LTFTs are further away from 0 than I recall them being the last time I tuned it.

Last night, I drove the car home without the MAF connected. I tried to make one WOT run (no scanner). When I hit 5k RPM, I felt the miss/dead spot but the car went into "Reduced Engine Power" mode. I didn't feel comfortable trying that again.

I installed new valve springs, plugs, wires and cleaned my MAF (although it wasn't dirty) and the WOT miss is gone!

However, the partial throttle miss is still prevalent (if not stronger).

FYI, I also inspected all of the push rods and they were straight. The plug wires were brittle but the plugs looked normal.

I've replaced the MAF. I suppose I'll do as Chris suggested and see if I can get consistently skewed fuel trims and then start swapping things around.