Thread: Come on, let's get this board ROLLING

Tuner in Training

Come on, let's get this board ROLLING

Come in and tell us what you know! I want to learn so bad.Any little thing may help someone.Then that will help him or her to next level.find a table or a way to do this or that.

One new post a day is not going to do it.

Lets go Lee

Re: Come on, let's get this board ROLLING

ok.. well here's a start for ya.. its kinda what I'm doing right now..
    find a nice collection of bin files or asm files or s19 files or whatever you wanna learn. Find a program to use and just get comfortable using it. Learn how to map out a table, convert it to decimal if you need to, then try to figure out what the table is for. I am currently going over some v6 and v8 files just to see if I can identify the spark tables (the only ones I really care about right now). Spark is a 3d table its its not a good one to start changing but its a big table and so its easy to identify. I have yet to figure out flag locations etc.

here's an excellent tutorial for the ALDL people - I'm not sure how much of it applies to the 332.. but the principles are the same.

Programming tutorial
    Business Network Solutions - for all your PC, network, printer and computer security needs.

Tuner in Training

OK I have that and it good on tuning,that should help a lot after we learn how to hack.I guess you mean a 3d table were it RPM,Map,and Spark.I know nothing about
    this Hacking. I have hexworkshop. I have look at a file for 4 nights,I can not make sense of it.

A couple people said they had the tools to help find tables. Hope they find time to get rolling.

I will be more help on tuning, have did that for 3 yrs. but lost on this new stuff.

Lee

problem with alot of the s/w out there is its for specific engines that someone has taken the time to figure out.
    Seems theres alot for lt1, ls1, buick v6, 2.8 and 3.1 v6 but nothing for 4cyl 2.2, 2.3 or 2.4. So if you have a motor that somebody hasn't developed anything for then you have to do it the hard way.
    Business Network Solutions - for all your PC, network, printer and computer security needs.

Yea, we need more traffic/info!!!!
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

ok.. what do we need? whats not here that should be?
    Tutorials?
    Files?
    Projects?
    Plain old basic 'what the heck makes my car run' kinda things?

I think people are not sure they feel comfortable asking questions and feeling stupid.. but I think I have asked the dumbest ones so far and yet I continue yappin away! :

So if your lurking, and have some burning question that just seems too dumb to ask... think of me.. and ask away!!

Looking at the logs I can tell you there are more lurkers than registered members.

I will post some more files/hacks in the obd-ii section.. that will be my contribution really.

We need more interaction.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...