Thread: Nitrous control

Tuner in Training

Nitrous control

Nitrous control ideas for EIO

1. AFR safety switch- self explainatory
    2. FP safety switch- just another input being taken up
    3. window switch- has to input from the cpu in real time. dont know if this would work well enough.
    4. stuck noid safety feature- checks if the voltage is at 12 across the ground of a noid or can take in nitrous pressure and if it decreases post turning off shut off the engine.
    5. lengthen injector pw for a large dry nitrous hit in sd mode- good idea for my purposes. ;D

and thanks a million.

sample ideas

if((AFR > X && AFR<Y) || (fp > Z && fp<A) || (RPM < B && RPM > C) add Nitrous pressure if needed)
    {
    if(dryshot)
    injPW + DRYSHOTADDFUEL;

Spray(output);
    }

//this is all psuedo
    If(input for the ground of the noid is at 12V)
    if(!spraying)
    kill engine

not really sure on how to make this because real time updating is neccessary would prob need to be its own thread constantly running in the back of all other commands bu the PW update would be hard doing that.

Iono i dont do much coding. yall have at it.

Re: Nitrous control

for your large dry kit..... a $4 radio shack relay inline with IAT and you existing Nitrous Throttle body position switch
    IAT resistor wired in parallel(next to) to achieve very high resistance and get a measured 284+* from IAT...then use PE IAT add to get extra fuel and spark IAT add table to get spark retard needed
    you will never hit 284* in normal operation...I promise..LOL

thats an easy way to do what you want...cany say about teh custom OS part of doing everything....but that covers a few parts of it.already in the tune..and for less than $10 total
    -Scott -

realistically, what we were thinking was:

1. single NOS output switch (enabled/disabled by RPM, TPS etc.) that would wire to your NOS solenoids (likely via relays).
    2. input for NOS arm/disarm switch (so the PCM knows you have NOS enabled)
    3. spark retard for NOS (probably just vs. RPM)
    4. seperate NOS enrich table (used when armed and NOS output is triggered), again probably vs. RPM. This would basically be a seperate PE table for running on NOS.

You would still have a seperate (non-PCM controlled) arm/disarm switch that you wire to the PCM.

The lean protect feature you mentioned requires WBO2 feedback to the PCM, which is too complex. You could have a KR based disable however, that would probably be unreliable.

The big trick is locating a spare input and a spare output on the PCM and of course writing the PCM code.

We currently have no development time allocated for this.

Chris...

I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training

Ohh ok i thought that EIO was able to work standalone, guess i was wrong. It's just a standard A/D converter isnt it?

in theory you could use the EIO to do most of this, but the big issue is how does the EIO control spark and fuel when the NOS is activated? This is the most important thing for safety with NOS.

In theory the EIO could control Fuel/Spark via PCM Controls but i think it would be safer for you to actually belt a conrod thru your engine block with a big hammer

We're discussing this internally right now along with a few other ideas for after Christmas.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training

I think i have found another way to do this but since your the great Chris at HPTuners. I need alil help, and I dont have scope. What does the stock TCS retard look like electronically? Im trying to use this to cut spark. lol.

The TCS retard signal is pin J2-53 (the red plug). I think if you ground the pin it means TCS is requesting retard. You can try it by monitoring the "TCS Request" status bit in the scanner.

There is a timer that tests how long the TCS has been requesting retard for and sets P1572, usually 4-5 secs.

I don't think this will work very well... :-/

But i give you 500% for effort

Chris...

I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training

wow, yall are quick at replies.

What im gonna try and do is pulse the N2O noid and the TCS input. It would have to be done so that the TCS doesnt pull to much timing, anyways.

Is there anyway to change the retard curve of the TCS input with HPT?

You can change the TCS retard tables under Engine, Torque Management.

Good luck!

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...