Thread: Rev Limits in V6

Potential Tuner

Rev Limits in V6

I am new to HPTuners and have a quick question.

I have a 2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG which has tap shifting. I need to change my rev limitor but can't seem to figure out where to do this.

Can someone point me in the right direction ???

Re: Rev Limits in V6

My car is not the same but its very similar...

but you have to change the fuel cutoff and the spark cutoff. They both have limiters.

Search under spark, and fuel and you should find them both.

Potential Tuner

I already changed those values however I am still hitting the rev limitor and have no way to change it

I would also like to change when the shift indicator comes on.

Quote Originally Posted by MustangEater82
    My car is not the same but its very similar...

but you have to change the fuel cutoff and the spark cutoff. They both have limiters.

Search under spark, and fuel and you should find them both.

Advanced Tuner

Engine -> Fuel Control -> FUel Cutoff set Normal and ETC values
    Engine ->Spark Control -> RPM Threshold

Those should be all... I've raised my rev limiter on my 04 Comp G several times before...

Regarding the shift light... I don't believe there's anything currently available to modify that

Are you scanning while you're hitting the rev limiter? If you're using tapshift (most useless novelty ever IMHO) you may be waiting too long (it's not instantaneous) ...

Mike Horist
    00 WS6 (TA) | 04 WS6 (GTP Comp G)
    Mike \\#at&\\ horist \\&dot$\\com

BOTH cars HP Tuners Tuned

Potential Tuner

Ahh that did the trick!

I am scanning while in tapshift. I like it because I keep my normal shifts lower and if I want to rev higher then I use tap..

Quote Originally Posted by horist

Those should be all... I've raised my rev limiter on my 04 Comp G several times before...

Regarding the shift light... I don't believe there's anything currently available to modify that

Are you scanning while you're hitting the rev limiter? If you're using tapshift (most useless novelty ever IMHO) you may be waiting too long (it's not instantaneous) ...

Potential Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by horist

I assume it is better to have the RPM threshold lower than the fuel cutoff to avoid going lean if you get to the fuel cutoff before the RPM threshold?