Thread: compression

Potential Tuner

compression

would i be able to program for a different compression ratio

Re: compression

Well, you could change your cylinder volume parameter if you knew its new accurate measurement but thats very doubtful as its not an easy number to determine very accurately.

What are you looking to change really as a result of changing your compression?

You can pull back timing if you are worried about detonation and richen up the fuel mixture.

Also, moving this to VCM Suite General
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

You can tune... yes...

Potential Tuner

I am wanting to build up my 3.8 to produce about the same numbers as chevrolet's concept intimidator monte carlo. No nos (bottles are for babies) no turbo no supercharger I am still learning and do not know much. I don't know if my car would even handle a 13:1 compression ratio, but regardless I think if i am going to try to get big gains that your product would benefit me several times over. also when i install the cam I am obviously going to get an ses light. will i be able to program it to keep the light off, or will i have to delete that part of the emissions system.

I would prefer if people didn't tell me to drop an 8 in my car. I am looking to do something that isn't done to often.

You can remove emissions based DTC's but that is recomended for off-road use only and is illegal and subject to heavy fines by the EPA.

Potential Tuner

so the only way to get rid of the ses light is to remove it and how would the epa find out

As a business entity, its in our best interest to inform you of the legalities to protect ourselves.

Many people will remove emissions based DTC's...

We say that it is for off-road use only and is illegal.

It's your choice in the end if you want to disable the emissions based DTC's or not.

Potential Tuner

ok keith I know your probably saying leave me the hell alone by now, but one more question. I live in milwaukee and have to go through emissions. they hook up to the obdII port and see if it is throwing codes. would you happen to know if they would be able to detect it if I removed the emission based DTC'S to get rid of the ses light

unlikely for an emissions testing station to know if you have removed DTC's..

Its realy use at your own risk.. We give you the option for off-road use only. We cannot track every single customer to make sure they are using our product legally and not violating any EPA regulations.

Potential Tuner

I guess I will have to convert my vehicle to "off road". you just added a customer and I would like to say thank you for the fast response to my questions. you rock.