Thread: Torque management control on 3.8 F-Body?

Torque management control on 3.8 F-Body?

1) Will VCM Suite be able to modify or delete the PCM torque management (traction control) on the 3.8 F-Bodies? My car doesn't have a traction control button, but the traction control is alive and well, killing my power.

2) Will I be able to adjust expected values, i.e., transmission shift times, etc.?

3) I have Ease for a scanner, how does your scanner compare? I'm just wondering if I can (should) get rid of my Ease when I get this.

4) Would I be able to take something like the PWM control of the torque converter clutch regulator solenoid, and make it a on/off type value, i.e., instead of varying the duty cycle between 0% and 100%, would I be able to have it simply switch between 0% and 98% duty cycle?

5) For the Electronic Throttle Control, according to GM, throttle response is varied based on engine rpm and vehicle speed, i.e., 100% throttle at a standstill doesn't result in the same power output as 100% at 70mph. It appears this is a timing function, as the absolute throttle position has always been identical to the gas pedal position.

6) Last question, can we get on a sign up list for buying this? Thanks.

Re: Torque management control on 3.8 F-Body?

Quote Originally Posted by guardsman01
    1) Will VCM Suite be able to modify or delete the PCM torque management (traction control) on the 3.8 F-Bodies? My car doesn't have a traction control button, but the traction control is alive and well, killing my power.
    Yes.

2) Will I be able to adjust expected values, i.e., transmission shift times, etc.?
    Yes

3) I have Ease for a scanner, how does your scanner compare? I'm just wondering if I can (should) get rid of my Ease when I get this.
    I am not familiar with EASE prdoucts but our scanner is very in-depth and very fast. We provide you with the scanning tools you need to verify adjustments/changes, log and playback data, and diagnoise problems. Our scanner is definately more than just a "basic" scanner.

4) Would I be able to take something like the PWM control of the torque converter clutch regulator solenoid, and make it a on/off type value, i.e., instead of varying the duty cycle between 0% and 100%, would I be able to have it simply switch between 0% and 98% duty cycle?
    We'll look into this.

5) For the Electronic Throttle Control, according to GM, throttle response is varied based on engine rpm and vehicle speed, i.e., 100% throttle at a standstill doesn't result in the same power output as 100% at 70mph. It appears this is a timing function, as the absolute throttle position has always been identical to the gas pedal position.
    We'll look into this as well.

6) Last question, can we get on a sign up list for buying this? Thanks.
    Orders will be shipped first come first serve. We expect to be taking orders in about 2 weeks.

Thanks for your questions!
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Senior Tuner

Re: Torque management control on 3.8 F-Body?

The TCC duty thing is one of my "hot buttons" - ever
    since new my TCI converter has been kind of marginal
    as far as holding power, especially during an ill-
    advised flirtation with B&M Trick Shift (bad squeal,
    hundreds of RPM slip under load short of unlock).
    I'm convinced that the PCM pussy-footing the TCC
    duty cycle is partly to blame. I don't mind a ramped
    PWM during apply, but I would like to be able to set
    the "holding" PWM range to be (say) 100% - 100%
    rather than 50% - 100% like stock. This is for an LS-1
    I'm talking about, though, not the V-6 - though the
    same concern is probably at play, a V-6 w/ power
    adder probably pushes the same torque at the TCC
    clutch.

From what I can tell, Edit does not give you access to
    this dimension, only lock/unlock thresholds. Nothing
    about holding tighter. Go them one better!