Thread: Man I need help

Advanced Tuner

Man I need help

My LTFT are super ritch down to -12, I want to get it right, cause its causing my injector duty to rise from 118-135%, but I cant get the truck to run in SD mode. My MAF has the IAT built in with it, so I cant disconect it completely, does this matter, I cant see how it would. I need help figuring out how to get the truck to run in SD mode, or get it in SD mode so I can get these LTFTs right

Thanks

set the MAF fail freq to 1 and that should put you in SD, to be sure set the timing in the low octane to 15* (in WOT areas) and make a run and see what timing you see. If you see 15* you are in SD (and your high octane is about 10* higher) then copy the high to low and get to tuning.
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Actually I wonder if you log the knock learn factor if it will show 1.0?
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Quote Originally Posted by ws6firebirdta00
    set the MAF fail freq to 1 and that should put you in SD, to be sure set the timing in the low octane to 15* (in WOT areas) and make a run and see what timing you see. If you see 15* you are in SD (and your high octane is about 10* higher) then copy the high to low and get to tuning.
    Why 1? Every one else says for it to be 0.
    No you would leave your harness plugged in still. Just set the Freq, and change the DTCs and your good.

Also, when the MAF is disabled the computer reverts to the low octane table. It does not use the high octane table anymore unless you have the 1bar SD upgrade.
    Born on 11/20/06 07' GMC Sierra DMax EC 4x4 HPT

SOLD:2003 Silverado ECSB 4x4, LQ9, Patriot LS6, TR230/224, 31lb inj, TB Stall, HPT & LC-1.

Advanced Tuner
    The knock learn factor will be a good way to tell if you are in SD mode. It will be 0 if you are b/c you are completely on the low octane side.

Chris
    2009 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L, stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Zick
    Why 1? Every one else says for it to be 0.
    No you would leave your harness plugged in still. Just set the Freq, and change the DTCs and your good.

Also, when the MAF is disabled the computer reverts to the low octane table. It does not use the high octane table anymore unless you have the 1bar SD upgrade.
    I know this, but some cars have issues going into SD with the IAT in the MAF. I know a few guys that had to have the fail frequency set to 1, dont know why but they did, either way 0 or 1 would still put it in SD. The DTC still has to report the error as well to go into SD.

I know the high octane table isnt in use, but to make sure you are in SD if you set them 10* appart and log you will know which table it pulls from. If you get timing from the low octane your are in SD and from high octane you are not in SD.

Quote Originally Posted by ws6firebirdta00
    I know this, but some cars have issues going into SD with the IAT in the MAF. I know a few guys that had to have the fail frequency set to 1, dont know why but they did, either way 0 or 1 would still put it in SD. The DTC still has to report the error as well to go into SD.

I know the high octane table isnt in use, but to make sure you are in SD if you set them 10* appart and log you will know which table it pulls from. If you get timing from the low octane your are in SD and from high octane you are not in SD.
    Ah sorry just misunderstood what you were trying to say about the Octane table.
    Born on 11/20/06 07' GMC Sierra DMax EC 4x4 HPT

SOLD:2003 Silverado ECSB 4x4, LQ9, Patriot LS6, TR230/224, 31lb inj, TB Stall, HPT & LC-1.