Thread: p1514 coming when turning up boost.

p1514 coming when turning up boost.

I search around and try what i have seen here in the forum i max the p1514 table and this code still comes up and the truck goes in reduce power mode.

What else can i try to not get this code.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    Since it's a drive by wire vehicle, you probably need to scale the tune. The Gen 3 PCM with ETC always seems to run into that at a threshold that is lower than what you've got in the Calc Airmass - P1514/P0068 Error table. I don't think we can do anything other than scale it.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

What i need to scale?

I disable the code on the DTC's and test it first pass did good the second time the code pop up.

Do i need to scale the IFR table? Can someone point me on how to? The steps to start doing it.

This truck uses the x link thats nothing to do with?

Tuner in Training
    What throttle body are you using with the xlink? I had to use the car style. The truck throttle body seems to not do well with high airflow.

^^^I try the truck one and car one.

Senior Tuner
    Throttle body/ x-link probably isn't the problem.

Check out this thread http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...6221#post86221 read down a few posts, there comes a point where you need to scale injector data and VE. Then you can actually calibrate that table for safety and you won't hit REP.

FWIW, your truck is a gen 3 application, not a gen 4.
    Last edited by MikeOD; 12-14-2014 at 05:45 PM.

Ok so I need to scale the ifr down and the VE.
    Sorry for the question but just to make sure, I will scale down the ifr right now they are 92 lb's across the table if I scale them down to a 30% they should be 64.4?
    Do the same to the VE?

So now here I will have the same fuel going in since the injector its way bigger than 64 lb's, I'm just lying to the computer?

Senior Tuner
    In the simplest form of an answer, yes. However, this will also cause your spark advance lookup to be wrong in the table. 50% is easier because your airflow calculation will be half, so the entire row in the spark advance table that was at 0.96 g/cyl now needs to be in the 0.48 g/cyl row and so on... Anything that references airmass needs to be scaled accordingly.

Do some research about your transmission tables too. I'm not sure if you need to scale anything in there to match, but I don't want to see you break it as a result.

Ok, so just by going half on the IFR and VE table my timing table will chnage to?

I was searching around and then i went to my tools on the editor and click on metric, That change the IFR but i don't want to mess with that.
    I'm kinda lost here
    I'm going to upload a file the same file that its on the first post but i'm going to half the VE and IFR.

Found a thread where Dsteck post this - Multiply IFR by 0.5, multiply stoich fuel ratio by 2. Done.
    Did not say nothing about the VE so I did't change nothing there, I'm thinking I should just go .5 like the IFR table.

This what i did.
    Last edited by =fast=; 12-14-2014 at 06:56 PM.

Senior Tuner
    If you do the IFR by 0.5 and stoich by 2 trick, you leave the VE alone...don't multiply it by 0.5.

The only downside to that trick is that when you're in high boost, I'm sure you're hitting the max of the spark advance table. By doing it the other way (leave stoich alone and multiply both IFR and VE by 0.5), you get resolution back in the spark table.

Different ways to skin the cat.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

�� thanks a lot MikeOD will start tuning see what I get.

Senior Tuner
    How is it coming along?
    2023 Durango Hellcat

It's working just got my hands on it yesterday we running 14 lb's right with no issue.
    Just the injectors re on 98 to 101 duty cycle, They are 92 lb's i though they were going to be good for at least 16 17 lb's of boost.

I need to fix it where it drops to 10.9 A/F, here's a little log.