Thread: LC-1 Analog AFR error with USB EIO?

Tuner in Training

LC-1 Analog AFR error with USB EIO?

Greetings,

I just installed a LC-1 connected to USB HPTuners EIO and it worked great for a couple of days but now it just reads 7.4 constantly and I have done a free air calibration. I did the free air by removing the O2 sensor and then tried turning power on and after it had warmed up press the button. This didn't make a difference so we disconnected the LC-1 module from the sensor with the power off and then turned the key on for 30 seconds and then turned it off. We then connected the sensor and powered it on again for 2 minutes, it did the correct LED sequence I think(slow flash, fast flash, off, and then on). Then turned it off again and connected the USB EIO and started up HPtuners, still the same issue so I connected the serial cable to the other output of the LC-1 and it shows 14.6. Any idea's? I have double checked the EIO input on hptuners and have it set to AUX LC-1. I also connected the 2nd analog output(yellow) to the EIO and its output is the same. I haven't modified anything on the LC-1 with the programmer and I am puzzled why this worked just fine a couple of days before?

Thanks for any help!!

Advanced Tuner
    I think this is an issue with the LC-1. Might want to connect the programmer back up to it and check the settings.
    2.4L Twin Cam Cavalier Z24 | T3 Super 60 @ 9 PSI | FMIC | TurboXS RFL | Greddy Profec B Spec II | Custom HO Intake Manifold | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | HP Tuners | 5 Speed Swap | Team Green LSD | SPEC Stage 3 Clutch | Fidanza Short Shifter | Prothane Control Arm Bushings | Carbon Fiber Hood

Tuner
    did you do a heater calibration?
    98 Camaro, M6, HPTuners, heads and cam

Advanced Tuner
    Mine was a blown DAC, had to send it back in for exchange.

Chris
    2009 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L, stock.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisj6
    Mine was a blown DAC, had to send it back in for exchange.

Chris

Heh this seems to be a common theme lately... I still gotta ship my back tomorrow.
    Warning: User exhibits tendency to use offensive amount of smileys...
    2003 GMC Denali XL
    HPTuners MVPI Pro | LC-1 Wideband | 1 Bar Speed Density OS | MAF Delete | Corsa Sport Exhaust | Flex-A-Lite 282 E-Fans | Nelson Harness | K&N FIPK | SSBC Truck-Force 10 Calipers | Brembo OE Sized Cross-Drilled Discs | NGK TR55's

yeah innovates quality control is top notch....<rolls eyes>
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Tuner in Training
    THanks guys, I am going to check my analog outputs with a voltmeter today, dam, I really don't want to pull this whole thing out. Next time, I am not going to route all the wires until I know this thing works well. I tried again re-programming it and it didn't make a difference. I am also going to change it from gas to something else to see if the voltage changes. Guess I better get the rma ready if the voltage doesn't vary.

Potential Tuner
    had similar problem with mine. couldn't get hpt scanner to read the same as LC-1. to fix it i had to change the volt output on the analog 2 from 1v-2v to 0v-5v. I guess it's set that way to be read by the gauge. maybe wrong but after i did that the LC-1 output matched my scanner.

Quote Originally Posted by walterd
    THanks guys, I am going to check my analog outputs with a voltmeter today, dam, I really don't want to pull this whole thing out. Next time, I am not going to route all the wires until I know this thing works well. I tried again re-programming it and it didn't make a difference. I am also going to change it from gas to something else to see if the voltage changes. Guess I better get the rma ready if the voltage doesn't vary.
    voltage wont change..its just teh multiplier for Lambada so you can see AFR in the logworks software..

what you need to do is set it to a flatline voltage by making the voltage boxes on the left both read te same amount...
    then check the outputs with a multimeter..
    set it to 3volts and you shoudl see 3 volts on the multimeter...
    if not ..then call innovate..they will send you a form by e-mail and an rma #
    -Scott -