Thread: Primary/secondary VE tables

Potential Tuner

Primary/secondary VE tables

I'm tuning a 99TA with 1.6. I'm not going to use the MAF anymore. From what I have read, when the MAF is unplugged, the car runs on the secondary tables. Is there a way to make it run on the primary? I know the computer fills in the missing areas, but I would think you could tune it better with the primary...should be able to fine tune it better.

Thanks
    Scott

Re: Primary/secondary VE tables

If you upgrade to 1.7 and spend HPT $50, you can. Otherwise, nope.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottB
    I'm tuning a 99TA with 1.6. I'm not going to use the MAF anymore. From what I have read, when the MAF is unplugged, the car runs on the secondary tables. Is there a way to make it run on the primary? I know the computer fills in the missing areas, but I would think you could tune it better with the primary...should be able to fine tune it better.

Thanks
    Scott
    You will want to upgrade to v1.7 and purchase the 1 bar speed density enhanced option. This is the way to go if you plan on staying SD.
    Aaron

'03 Z06 Corvette - The Normal Stuff.....
    EFI-101, EFI Advanced, EFILive-101, Variable Camshaft Tuning
    EFI University Evangelist

Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by 405HP_Z06

You will want to upgrade to v1.7 and purchase the 1 bar speed density enhanced option. This is the way to go if you plan on staying SD.

I already upgraded to v1.7 but what is the gains of having the "1 bar speed density" option? When I look under the info for the upgrades, all I see is info about the 2 bar version. ???

edit: just found the info.....is the "1 bar" included in the standard v1.7? I noticed it says "Speed Density mode only". Does that mean you have figured out how to make the computer ignore the MAF compleatly so we can turn the Code off so that we can get through an OBD2 scan test (for emissions?)?
    2004 C5 Coupe - MM6

Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by ScottB

Thanks
    Scott
    Is this possible to get for the 98 as well ???
    Pontiac Trans Am WS.7 Ram Air -98&&

Quote Originally Posted by 2001CamaroGuy

I already upgraded to v1.7 but what is the gains of having the "1 bar speed density" option? When I look under the info for the upgrades, all I see is info about the 2 bar version. ???

edit: just found the info.....is the "1 bar" included in the standard v1.7? I noticed it says "Speed Density mode only". Does that mean you have figured out how to make the computer ignore the MAF compleatly so we can turn the Code off so that we can get through an OBD2 scan test (for emissions?)?
    no the P0102 is still present.
    I count sheep in hex...

Quote Originally Posted by RunnWS7

Is this possible to get for the 98 as well ???
    not at this time, 98's pose a number of technical problems related to modifying the operating system as they use a different method of storing various PCM information we use.

I count sheep in hex...

Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners

not at this time, 98's pose a number of technical problems related to modifying the operating system as they use a different method of storing various PCM information we use.
    But you are working on it, right...
    Pontiac Trans Am WS.7 Ram Air -98&&