Thread: File size change

Advanced Tuner

File size change

I was experimenting with my tune and couldn't remember which one was the file I am currently running. When I did a Read Entire, the file size dropped by 186KB. That seems pretty significant so i started comparing my files. Come to find out 1 of the VE models was not smoothed. Copy and Pasted the VE table so that both tunes were now identical and saved. The change in file size was 730KB which jumped to 731KB. I'm curious as to why the big drop in file size when I read out the file? I have noticed that every now and then, i can open a file, then open the same file as a compare file and it will highlight something as if i made changes but i have not. Does this sound like some sort of bug? Should I uninstall then reinstall the program?

Another odd scenario. I was comparing 2 files that show the MAF had changed. Whenever i opened the first file then opened compare file. After Seeing the MAF table highlighted green, i clicked the original file to look at the numbers. Clicked on the second file to show numbers, then just to see the difference clicked on the show differences graph (which showed 0's) and got the following:

maf .jpg
    It's like at face value nothing has changed but something in the background has.. any help is greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by LS ROB; 01-11-2024 at 04:00 PM.

Doing a fresh read-and-save clears out everything in the Change/History logs.

Increase the number of decimal places, it can be a 0.00000000000001 difference in one cell and it will be flagged as a difference. Rounding errors, basically.
    Last edited by blindsquirrel; 01-11-2024 at 04:09 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Thank you Sir. I can see where that would make a difference since i've zapped this thing so many times.