Thread: Duramax Flashing Issue & Datalogging

Senior Tuner

Duramax Flashing Issue & Datalogging

We had some problems with uploading, and flashing back to the pcm. When we uploaded it to the laptop we had to do it in non high speed mode, or it would crash when it started to load the transmission file. We also had similar problems flashing back to the pcm, as well. If you need me to attach files let me know.

Info from truck:

VIN: 1GCHC29163E165060
    BCC: DTLZ
    TCM OS: 15184109
    Type: Chevy Silverado (V8 DSL) 2003

Also, we had to use EASE to datalog with in order to properly tune the truck. In the current version of HP Tuners, you can't see any diesel parameters, no mass of fuel, no injection pressure, no timing, etc. I assume more datalogging parameters are coming eventually, so no biggie here.

Regards,

James

Senior Tuner
    You have to turn the key off for 30 seconds and let everything reset between read/writes on these things. For some reason the ECM goes nuts after the reboot without powering down.

We will look into the scanner PID's.

-Ken

I'm getting plenty of PID's (fuel mass, pressure, duty cycles, etc) and some sensors in the scanner - I can upload my current config file if needed.

You do have to go in, remove the unsupported PID's from your gas scanner setup, then insert the diesel-specific PID's.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by MT@Banks
    I'm getting plenty of PID's (fuel mass, pressure, duty cycles, etc) and some sensors in the scanner - I can upload my current config file if needed.

You do have to go in, remove the unsupported PID's from your gas scanner setup, then insert the diesel-specific PID's.
    I would like the config file.

There you go - have at it.

It's got a rough gauge setup and most of the high-level PID's / sensors I've been looking at.

I've also got one that's setup specifically for testing fuel pressure limits - much less in there, and it runs faster. This ought to get you started.

Potential Tuner
    How are you guys seeing the parameters? I loaded the diesel config and I still am not seeing them. The only ones I see are Engine RPM, Vehicle Speed, Mass Air Flow, MAP, Coolant, and IAT.

Edit: Nevermind. I got it.
    Last edited by mav7; 11-24-2006 at 07:48 PM.

Senior Tuner
    Thanks everyone!

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by MT@Banks
    There you go - have at it.

It's got a rough gauge setup and most of the high-level PID's / sensors I've been looking at.

I've also got one that's setup specifically for testing fuel pressure limits - much less in there, and it runs faster. This ought to get you started.
    MT got any good LB7 CFgs?

BTW I was having issues trying to Down load from our 03. It kept losing communication at the 6500 address.
    Ellis
    Speed Secrets

95 Z28 18* LTx
    95 Z28 LSx converion
    03 CCSB 4x4 D/A

Pull the radio & SEO fuses. Radio/Onstar is apparently "high maintainance" for the rest of the bus. Greedy little bandwidth hogs...
    Always Support Our Troops!

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by EC_Tune
    Pull the radio & SEO fuses. Radio/Onstar is apparently "high maintainance" for the rest of the bus. Greedy little bandwidth hogs...
    It seems to only help with certain trucks. I consitantly even with pulling all those fuses, have issues with it reading the TCM. I am always having to switch to low speed to get through it.

For what it is worth. I don't think I have seen one person that is having an issue with any other truck outside of an 03. Seems that all that I see issues with is 03 trucks. I know that is when they switched over allot of electronics from previous years.

Jon
    2012 Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins with Banks CAI, intake tubes, intake horn, grid heater/EGR/DEF delete, 4" Straight pipe
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, Stock - but looking to change that

TwoFast -

Nope, sorry - didn't touch the LB7 yet.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JuniorCruzer
    It seems to only help with certain trucks. I consitantly even with pulling all those fuses, have issues with it reading the TCM. I am always having to switch to low speed to get through it.

For what it is worth. I don't think I have seen one person that is having an issue with any other truck outside of an 03. Seems that all that I see issues with is 03 trucks. I know that is when they switched over allot of electronics from previous years.

Jon

Same here. I posted in the D/A section. Very frustaighting(sp). Pulled every fuse I could and the only one that helped was the Trans fuse

MT...Dang...I just ordered your CAI anyways
    Last edited by TwoFast4Lv; 01-12-2007 at 12:34 AM.
    Ellis
    Speed Secrets

95 Z28 18* LTx
    95 Z28 LSx converion
    03 CCSB 4x4 D/A

Tuner
    Anyone getting any where?
    Ellis
    Speed Secrets

95 Z28 18* LTx
    95 Z28 LSx converion
    03 CCSB 4x4 D/A