Thread: HELP! Vortec Super charged 402ci

HELP! Vortec Super charged 402ci

I am about to start tuning an LS2 Stroker 402ci with a Vortec V7YSI Supercharger @ 15psi, 242/240 cam +2, CNC Ported heads 2.08 intake valves, 1.75 exhaust valves, 10.1 comp, FAST Manifold, Fast fuel rails, Fast 90mm Throttle body, 64lb injectors.
    Are there any tricks that I may need to know about, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    LS2 Alloy Block 402 - VORTECH V7 Gilmer driven 15 psi 937.3 rwhp street driven.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by NOS500
    I am about to start tuning an LS2 Stroker 402ci with a Vortec V7YSI Supercharger @ 15psi, 242/240 cam +2, CNC Ported heads 2.08 intake valves, 1.75 exhaust valves, 10.1 comp, FAST Manifold, Fast fuel rails, Fast 90mm Throttle body, 64lb injectors.
    Are there any tricks that I may need to know about, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Yeah, you will want to put at least a 2bar MAP sensor in there and get the licensing for 2bar support. Because your MAF is pointless with that much airflow. My advice, go full open loop speed density (and ditch the MAF).

Yeah I'm going 2 bar mafless, just wanted some ideas on initial set up so it doesn't self destruct on start up.
    LS2 Alloy Block 402 - VORTECH V7 Gilmer driven 15 psi 937.3 rwhp street driven.

The blower isn't going to make much fueling difference at idle at below 2500 rpm.

If you can find a VE table for a similar setup sans blower it would be a great starting point. Just make sure to stay out of PE until you have got your VE table worked out.

Then when I do blower cars, I will do a short PE run in a low gear (low load) from 3000-4500. See how far off the AFR is, and scale the whole PE table until the AFR for that area is in a safe area (11.0). Then work at larger RPM runs (2500-5000) to dial in the PE table under lower load.

I like to inch up like this over four runs so that the car never sees a horrible AFR (13.8) under full dyno load.

Once I can make a full run with a safe AFR, I'll get in the right gear and do a full pull. Make some small adjustments and am ready to go.

This is a very safe method, I've tuned several H&C cars with blowers and have never blown one up. I have seen someone do a full load pull to get a base AFR and the engine blew on the first run.