Thread: Very confused... IFR & Speed density

Very confused... IFR & Speed density

So I ran a little experiment to see if my VE table results mentioned in the other thread (getting 60-80% VE using the SD method) were screwy because my IFR values were too rich. Makes sense, right? VE is very low hence IFR is too rich...

Anyway, I made two runs -- one with the stock ve table and IFR of 5.44 (old value was 5.15), and another run with the stock ve and IFR of 5.75.

The first run's results are almost identical to the 5.15 setting, and the second run is closer to ideal, but still shows -10 LTFT in many areas. I cleared the LTFTs in both runs and tried to avoid boost. Why didn't the 5.75 setting make the LTFTs lean? It certainly would with the MAF plugged in.

I arrived at the 5.15 IFR by computing new inj size / old inj size * old IFR. I've also talked to about a million people who say that the 42# stubbies are around 5.2 IFR.

Thing is, at 5.15 the truck seems pretty rich (AFR gauge is 2 leds into rich). At 5.75, the AFR gauge is right at the top of stoich, but also crashes out the o2s every now and again (and I mean crashes... they go to < 10 mv). Looking at a graph of the o2s, 5.75 is really sleepy most of the time, 5.44 is kinda sleepy, and 5.15 is still a bit sleep at times.

Is there an exact formula for calculating IFR based ONLY on the injector size (and not on the old value, etc.)?

MODS: 44# flow matched injectors, GT67 turbo

Re: Very confused... IFR & Speed density

This ends up being a problem with not having my IAT functioning -- resolved

Tuner in Training

A little bird told me that the 28# GM LS1 injectorsare rated w/ 58# of fuel. The industry standard for rating is @ 40# of fuel. The standard injectors will flow 30% (?) more than their rating at the 58# the LS1 provides.

I used this to calculate my SVO 30# injectors. Somewhere there is a formula.

Anyone confirm this???

Ford Motorsport/SVO injectors are high quality fuel injectors manufactured by Bosch. They are rated at 2.7bar (39.1 psi) so actually act a small bit larger on GM vehicles (rated at 43.5psi). They are the best injector for the money.

This is a quote from Speed Demon Motorsports. :-/
    99 Hugger Orange Z28 M6
    Lid | Long Tubes | Pulley | LS6 Intake | Ported Tbody
    9" | 4.10's | Torque Arm | Panhard Bar | Lower Control Arms
    337rwhp/339rwtq
    8.355 @ 86.28 / 12.828 @ 110.85 1.971 60'

04 Black Cobra (Wife's)
    CAI | Catback | Pulley | Ported Eaton
    502rwhp/548rwtq
    track times coming soon...

Tuner

On the LS1's with fuel pressure between 55-60 (normally 58psi), SVO injectors are about 36 #'s
    Victor&&99 T/A WS6 &&TEA 5.3 heads, 224, .581 112, Mac Mids, ORY, SLP Loudmouth, SLP Flowpac, ASP pulley, BMR PHB, LCA\'s w/relos., SFC\'s, Vig 3600 w/ 4L65E,deep pan, B&M transpak, Hayden trans cooler