Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6l80e?!?!?!?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 69redmach1
    I put on a K&N FIPK and took it to the AWD dyno today. A/f was a little rich 12.4, I leaned it to 13:1 and it put down 302rwhp at 5600rpm with the iat at 105degrees and 18 deg total timing (was seeing 2-4kr probably from the heat). I had to do the pulls in 3rd as it just wouldn't stay in 4th. 4th is a little taller than 1:1 anyway.
    On what kind of truck? What engine, tranny, gears, tire size??
    2019 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4x4

2007 gmc Sierra Denali AWD, my personal truck. 6.2L 6l80. It responds well to the K&N intake.

Tuner
    2007 gmc Sierra Denali AWD, my personal truck. 6.2L 6l80. It responds well to the K&N intake.
    Thanks for any help man! Glad to see someone with the same truck as me too

Have you disabled all of the TM switches yet? After I disabled the CT downshift, the 2-1 was kinda harsh so I re-enabled it. With the upshift TM disabled, it will rev a little between gears and almost slam into the next gear. Not sure how to fix this, so I just re-enabled all TM for now
    2019 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4x4

Here's an update. Went to the track tonight to see how it's running so far. My best was 14.54@96 mph. It was 80+ degrees. The truck did the best with launching off idle, 1-2 shift at 6000 rpm's and the 2-3 shift at 5800. I tried raising the shifts a little and it went slower. Overall I'm happy with that e.t with just a K&N intake and tuning. I'm going back when the air is the 50's to see if I can get into the high 14.3's.
    Pete

Just an update, I've been to the track a few times and with the TM disabled the 2-3 shift will slip at wot and hit the rev limter almost every time. The 1-2 shift is nice and firm but the 2-3 sucks and slips evertime. It's almost better with TM on. Any ideas?
    Pete

Senior Tuner
    Just an update, I've been to the track a few times and with the TM disabled the 2-3 shift will slip at wot and hit the rev limter almost every time. The 1-2 shift is nice and firm but the 2-3 sucks and slips evertime. It's almost better with TM on. Any ideas?
    Pete
    My guess is you have wear or glazing to the 3rd gear bands in the tranny. My 98 Camaro's A4 started slipping and hitting the rpm limiter on the 2-3 just as you describe. This was after 7 years of racing however. I'm not recommending this but replaced my tranny fluid with Ford F-type. Shift was rock solid again. I got another year of racing out of it that way before it finally gave completely out.

Not sure disableing TM completely is a good idea.

^^^ May not work so well on the 6L80E as they are a clutch-to-clutch transmission instead of planet-sun-gear-band trans.
    Always Support Our Troops!

I agree with the TM, I'm going to leave it on now. Maybe someone will come up with some upgrades to this trannyd down the road.