Thread: Removing Torque Management Question

Potential Tuner

Removing Torque Management Question

I have a C6 A6 with 460rwhp that runs mid 11's that i had tuned using HP software around a month ago and so far very pleased with the results.I do have the newest software version of 2.1.19 tuned on my car which does allow to remove most of torque management during the shifts which is definitely much better but from a standing dead stop it just falls on its face terrible when you go WOT off the line. I know there are ways to gradually get around TM by feeding the gas slowly off the line but i would rather be able to hammer it off the line without timing being pulled.My question to you is there or are you working on a updated software programs that will allow us or tuners to remove the TM when going WOT from a standing dead stop.This is the only TM issue i have with my car because the rest of my TM has been removed and the car feels and performs just the way i like it! Thanks for any input!

I would scan it and post a log. See why its falling flat on its face.

Not sure why it would fall on its face because of TM. I would think there with be something else causing it unless the TM was removed inproperly.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by rrmccabe
    I would scan it and post a log. See why its falling flat on its face.

Not sure why it would fall on its face because of TM. I would think there with be something else causing it unless the TM was removed inproperly.
    Every A6 car has this same problem when flooring the car from a dead stop it is the TM pulling lots of timing there is no way of removing it at this time.The latest software which i have has pretty much eliminated all TM everywhere except from launching from a dead stop at WOT. This is why i posted this thread hoping HP is working on a updated software that will eliminate this final area of TM that has not been cracked yet!

Tuner
    Ya we are all waiting for next release! They have there hands full for sure.

OK, well I did not understand you then. I thought you meant it fell on its face after you removed TM.

So the fall on the face you are talking about IS tm?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by rrmccabe
    OK, well I did not understand you then. I thought you meant it fell on its face after you removed TM.

So the fall on the face you are talking about IS tm?
    When you go WOT with any a6 car off the line for the first 30ft. or so it is very noticeable TM is present because there is very little power due to timing being pulled than all of a sudden it really comes on fast after the car moves a few lengths. Myself along with many other A6 owners are waiting and hoping HP has new software they are working on to help us eliminate TM from a WOT standing start takeoff. Hopefully someone from HP will read this and chime in and give us any info they might have at this time.

Yea I know what you are talking about. The TBSS does the same thing from a dig.

But HPT will remove it. Hopefully they will get it fixed for your vehicle soon.

I have the same exact problem with my 6.2L VVT L92/6L80...once I get above 3k rpm or 15mph i'm good to go. I just wish I had more grunt off the line also....
    Last edited by markislive; 09-10-2007 at 04:49 PM.
    2010 GMC Sierra Ext Cab SLT 2wd 6.2L/6L80 w/3.42's
    HPT Pro w/LM-1 Wideband, AR Longtubes, AFE Intake, Gibson 3.5'' Exhaust, SLP UD Pulley, 160* Stat... New times coming soon..

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by markislive
    I have the same exact problem with my 6.2L VVT L92/6L80...once I get above 3k rpm or 15mph i'm good to go. I just wish I had more grunt off the line also....
    I know your feeling Hopefully someone from HP will chime in here soon and give us a update!

Quote Originally Posted by High Roller
    I know your feeling Hopefully someone from HP will chime in here soon and give us a update!

What year is your C6? You have the same tranny as me right (6L80)?
    Last edited by markislive; 09-11-2007 at 12:13 PM.
    2010 GMC Sierra Ext Cab SLT 2wd 6.2L/6L80 w/3.42's
    HPT Pro w/LM-1 Wideband, AR Longtubes, AFE Intake, Gibson 3.5'' Exhaust, SLP UD Pulley, 160* Stat... New times coming soon..

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by markislive
    What year is your C6? You have the same tranny as me right (6L80)?
    I have a 06 C6 with the A6 transmission with paddle shifts.I wish someone from HP Tuners would read this and give us an update on this TM isssue that so many of us our experiencing with the A6 cars.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by High Roller
    I have a 06 C6 with the A6 transmission with paddle shifts.I wish someone from HP Tuners would read this and give us an update on this TM isssue that so many of us our experiencing with the A6 cars.
    Any updates yet? It sure would be nice if someone from HPT would give some input on this. The latest software removes TM for the downshifts and during the shifts which is very noticeable but nothing has been done for removing TM from a idle standing dead stop launch. We need a fix for this very soon!

Senior Tuner
    It's not TM.

It's airflow directly removing timing from the in rush of the near instant transition from high manifold vacuum to near atmospheric, that volume of air is rapidly sucked in and causing the timing tables to react with negative timing killing power.

As I posted in another post here, simply zero out all the negative values (or even go positive) in the timing tables. This is the range of cells in the lower left quadrant of the high and low octane timing maps.

Try it and you will be pleasantly surprised.

Found your thread HR, as I said in the other forum, in the editor, click fuel cutoff, go to lower left of screen and scroll to "accel based", click "accel Thresh", and the chart comes up "rpm limit accel thresh vs. accel", for right-hand side the value will be 500, make it 0, enjoy the launch and don't break anything!
    06 Z06 ETP heads, 244/256 hyd. roller, crower stainless shaft rockers, Kooks stepped race headers,elec. w/p, 160 stat, vararam, ram dual disk, ported intake and t-body, 100 shot spray until the 441 goes together http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm1hrBcq63U

2016 Callaway Z06 a8 3lz zo7
    Heads, cam, headers, 2.3L s/c, 9.5 lower/2.625upper, meth, 103mm t-body,
    Stock high and low fuel system for now (I know right?)

Just noticed all the threads dealing w/ this same issue, I want the auto guys and tbss people to do this....takes 90 seconds, it works for me and I now have a 1.38 60ft to prove it. B4, I could leave on the limiter and it was like someone threw the off switch Thought I had it all off.....a fellow Z driving gearhead showed me this 10 months ago while I was playing w/it on the dyno.......sorry don't get to this forum much....working on it.
    06 Z06 ETP heads, 244/256 hyd. roller, crower stainless shaft rockers, Kooks stepped race headers,elec. w/p, 160 stat, vararam, ram dual disk, ported intake and t-body, 100 shot spray until the 441 goes together http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm1hrBcq63U

^^
    what he said.

In your high/low octane timing tables it commands little to no iming off the line, post a log and tune to verify.

Senior Tuner
    Doesn't fix it for TBSS or other Auto guys.

Not saying it won't help, I have had mine zeroed out the entire time, but the only thing that did work was setting high and low timing table timing cells to zero in all ranges where negative numbers were originally at.

that's why I wanted the auto and tbss guys to try it, this can be a PITA for sure.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 9secZO6
    Just noticed all the threads dealing w/ this same issue, I want the auto guys and tbss people to do this....takes 90 seconds, it works for me and I now have a 1.38 60ft to prove it. B4, I could leave on the limiter and it was like someone threw the off switch Thought I had it all off.....a fellow Z driving gearhead showed me this 10 months ago while I was playing w/it on the dyno.......sorry don't get to this forum much....working on it.

In your situation, may be a totally different scenario. You're already at above idle when you launch, so the throttle transient won't be near as drastic as the low idle stock cam TBSS.

BTW...With the manual trans, how does the P/N rpm limit work? Does it work on the clutch depression or does it know if the shifter is actually in a gear position? As in can you set the P/N (clutch-in) rpm limit to the value you want to launch at, then let it work like a two step rev limiter? I'm thinking as soon as you drop the clutch, the rpm limit goes back to normal in gear values and you get a consistant launch at a preset RPM you dial into the tune.
    Last edited by BBA; 10-16-2007 at 08:40 PM.