Thread: Shutter Box

Shutter Box

I have been involved in a thread about using the P/N Rev Limiter to help launch at a consistent RPM. Here is another idea.

Would it be possible to set a Throttle Possition Limiter based on the same criteria as the P/N. In my car, it seems to be 0 mph.

The way this could work is if it sees 0 mph, the max TP would be "X". You could set "X" to what ever gives you your proper launch RPM.

It would be a lot more steady RPM then you would get with either a fuel or spark cut off. Just an idea.
    2013 Jeep Wrangler JK
    3.6 V6
    More MODs than Stock

2018 Ram rebel
    5.7 Hemi V8
    Stock

Re: Shutter Box

well you could have a limiter that is TPS based, at say <95% TPS the limiter would be your launch limiter, when you nail it to 100% it would change to your other limiters.

not a trivial task though.

Chris...

I count sheep in hex...

I guess this would involve programing (not just table modifications) to the PCM? If so, not very practical. Just a thought I had. Thanks.
    2013 Jeep Wrangler JK
    3.6 V6
    More MODs than Stock

2018 Ram rebel
    5.7 Hemi V8
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by arthansen
    I guess this would involve programing (not just table modifications) to the PCM? If so, not very practical. Just a thought I had. Thanks.
    depends who does the hard work for you... if we do it then it's very practical.

I count sheep in hex...

Harlan sells his for $130 plus shipping. His only works on LS1s and there derivitives. It also cuts the spark so it is not CAT freindly. If you guys could do it using TPS it would be a much better system (really smooth). Make it an add on for $100 (except those who thought it up ). Might be worth while.

I was thinking it would work like this.

If VSS=0 then max TP=X

Once you strated moving, it would return to normal.
    2013 Jeep Wrangler JK
    3.6 V6
    More MODs than Stock

2018 Ram rebel
    5.7 Hemi V8
    Stock

sorry, i just realised what you mean.

I'm talking about a TPS based fuel cut, not and actual TPS position limiter.

I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training

Cutting fuel could cause a lean condition if launching under boost??

well yeah, fuel cut is infinitely lean, zero fuel. I don't see how that would damage anything. Might be hard on s/c belts though.

you'd need to log an EGT sensor to make sure the temps were okay for the on/off transients, WBO2 wont be much use to you.
    I count sheep in hex...