Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need a tune to try?

Trans shifting issue...

Flashed an '07 dually with a calibration identical to blued turboed1's 1194932072.hpt calibration. Truck made great power! The trans didn't like it so much though; it seemed to hesitate between the gears. This hesitation happened regardless of part/half/full throttle. Has anyone seen any issues with truck's trans and this calibration? Is there something I am missing here?

Tuner
    Well I think the defual at shift mabe linked to torque management. Or the Allison's TCM. The TCM may need some time to relearn driveing habits. We need the ability to tune the Allison 6 speed. I can't wait to see whats in store in the next HPT release.

It looks like some people are using the PPE tuner to reset the Allison's TCM and its adaptive shift stategies. Has anyone figured out what table causes the defuel?

Quote Originally Posted by blued turboed1
    Well I think the defual at shift mabe linked to torque management. Or the Allison's TCM. The TCM may need some time to relearn driveing habits. We need the ability to tune the Allison 6 speed. I can't wait to see whats in store in the next HPT release.
    It would be nice to reset the taps in the allison. That would help.
    2006 LBZ Duramax 4x4 CC SB 2500HD SRW 4x4 LT1 (with extras), Blocked & Fingered, Fumoto drain valve, Keystone Ram Air Good Hood, Banks Ram Air, Access cover & Rhino over the rails, Victory Red.
    33'-0" Dutchman fifthwheel,Tekonsha Voyager Brake Controller

Banks Sixgun with HPTUNERS.

I know the TAPS is resettable with a Tech2. I will reload the tune and have a dealership buddy reset the TAPS.

Potential Tuner
    the defuel during shift is definately the cause of the surge you feel at shifts. there are two tables responsible for this defuel. first try to follow me here.

while accelerating the ecm is injecting a certain amount of fuel mm3
    now when a shift is about to occur we must pull some fuel

so the ecm looks at the first table (base torque) (this table is missing in hptuner). this table contains torque values based on the current delivered fuel amount Vs rpm, it bascally tells the computer what torque value to use for the next lookup.

now that we have a target torque value we can move to a table that hptuner has. TORQUE MGT FUEL QUANTITY. this table returns the final delivered mm3 that the computer will inject during a shift.

so what you need to do first is set up your scanner so you can monitor requested engine torque and rpm and mm3 of fuel. you will see the torque reqest drop one frame ahead of the fuel rate dropping. using the rpm and torque value scanned you can get a good idea of where in the torque management table you have to make adjustments.

make small adjustments, adding as little as 1mm of fuel can cause an rpm flare during shifts. make sure to keep table smooth.

so if your power drops during a shift-add fuel in the torque management fuel table.

if your power flares up during shift you added too much fuel.

and of course there are 3 tables, low, medium and high altitude, use the right one.

How do you know which table? take a look at the base injector timing values just up and to the right. first value is set to baro right? then you have 3 maf entries followed by 3 baro entries. the baro entries control your altitude selection points for all altitude related tables,

have fun and dont destroy your tranny.