Thread: DHP discontinues the PowrTuner

DHP discontinues the PowrTuner

I know most of this forum is the V8 guys, but for us V6 guys we have(had) two options for tuning our cars, HPT and DHP PT, DHP just discontiuned the PT so now HPT currently has no competition for the GM V6 market.

Anyone have some opinions on this? what will it do as far as HPT for the GM V6? since no competition will we stop seeing any improvements for us? will they go balls wild on the GM V6 to show the community that there is another option? any opinions?

sad to hear that they called it quits, it's hard for people to understand how complex the development task is, let alone selling and supporting the product when it is useable. I quickly read the thread on glub gp and it's too bad people feel they need to bash them when it seems DHP are being upfront and honest about the situation.

On the HPT front, we are continuing our support for the V6 platform. In fact i expect support for the 2006/07 vehicles to be available in the next release or shortly after and our soon to be released CDV product is capable of supporting the V6 vehicles. There are also a few extra tables and parameters scheduled in the development plans for the next couple of releases.

Last time i checked, we weren't planning on closing the doors anytime soon!

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners
    sad to hear that they called it quits, it's hard for people to understand how complex the development task is, let alone selling and supporting the product when it is useable. I quickly read the thread on glub gp and it's too bad people feel they need to bash them when it seems DHP are being upfront and honest about the situation.

On the HPT front, we are continuing our support for the V6 platform. In fact i expect support for the 2006/07 vehicles to be available in the next release or shortly after and our soon to be released CDV product is capable of supporting the V6 vehicles. There are also a few extra tables and parameters scheduled in the development plans for the next couple of releases.

Last time i checked, we weren't planning on closing the doors anytime soon!

Chris...
    Good to hear!

I agree, I can see where Charles is coming from with this, and honstly, the majority of people saw it coming, lack of updates, slower customer service, etc.

Glad us HPT'er's don't have much to worry about.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 98gtp
    I agree, I can see where Charles is coming from with this, and honstly, the majority of people saw it coming, lack of updates, slower customer service, etc.
    Really, I always thought it was going to happen. They only supported 3100, 3400, and 3800 powered cars from 1996-2005. Is that really a strong market?

I picked up my HPTuner so that I can edit my Avalanche when I pick it up... The Impala is just to give it a shot before I do it on a $45,000 truck.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Sux that clubgp had to ban me for posting screenshots of our software in a civilized thread that was going on over there one day, funny how they protect dhp to the ends of the earth and now are calling it quits while we continue to support the platform & add to it
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    I got a 1 month suspension on the dhp forum for making a comment on clubgp about charles deleting posts. Makes sense ha. Im so happy i got rid of my powrtuner.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners
    Sux that clubgp had to ban me for posting screenshots of our software in a civilized thread that was going on over there one day, funny how they protect dhp to the ends of the earth and now are calling it quits while we continue to support the platform & add to it

don't feel bad, they've done that to numerous people trying to help the community unless they give them money.

Didn't stop me from getting a HP Tuner.....no looking back.
    2017 Chevrolet SS, Orange Blast Metallic, Rotofab CAI. Headers coming soon. Stock Tune for now
    Previous Rides: 2008 G8 GT, 2004 GTO, 2004 GTP, 2002 TA

Potential Tuner
    hows the support for a 99 grand am. i see you support the years and model car but how about the tables offered in the tuner.
    ill prob be buying hp tuner in the spring time. i have dhp now but this seems like its going to be around longer and have better support
    Last edited by 95BlackZ26; 12-15-2007 at 10:17 PM.
    99 GAGT 05 3400w300 miles ,Tuned PCM,Solid trans mount, P&P Upper and Lower intake, SLP Catback with flowmaster 80, AC Delco Iridium Plugs, 65mm TCE billet t-body, ,HID headlights,3pc cold air,2 1/2 random tech downpipe\cat.. Mods Awiating install Corvette Calipers, swap my new healthy cam in

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    You'll see between 150-200 parameters available in v6 calibrations depending on which cal ID you have not including dtc's. You'll have full control over everything from fueling, spark, transmission, etc.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners
    In fact i expect support for the 2006/07 vehicles to be available in the next release or shortly after and our soon to be released CDV product is capable of supporting the V6 vehicles.

Chris...

Any more news on this CDV stuff? What is it? What will it support? Would there be a need or advantage to upgrade from the MPVI Pro that I already have?
    2019 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4x4

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by kenny c
    Any more news on this CDV stuff? What is it? What will it support? Would there be a need or advantage to upgrade from the MPVI Pro that I already have?
    It will be something that tunershops & parts manufacturers will be using to send out calibrations to their customers with preloaded tunes, it will eventually support every vehicle WE support. It will not be a hardware upgrade for current customers.

What?! That is asinine in my opinion.. I will just leave it at that due to lack of background information.

Big welcome to all the Powrtuner guys venturing over to HPT.
    2001 Silver GTP Coupe
    Self-Tuned - HP Tuner|3EP Trans 3.29|S2IC|1.9s - 105s|N*|GenV|Pacesetters|Lucas 42.5s|3.0 pulley|AL 104s|10.3 wires|Poly MM|180 stat|Alt/FP Rewire|GMPP|STB.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Yeah, started & ended with this thread http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.as...de=&s=#3669985 just posted a couple of screenshots of our software & some info & was banned, no explanation, no nada, IMO if they didn't want info about either product being out there they should've simply closed the thread. Oh well...

Advanced Tuner
    ^^^^good read... funny it's almost a year old... talk about a new hardware w/blackbox and such... and now support/manufacturing is just ending... talk about leading people on
    Mike Horist
    00 WS6 (TA) | 04 WS6 (GTP Comp G)
    Mike \\#at&\\ horist \\&dot$\\com

BOTH cars HP Tuners Tuned

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    DHP lead people on? Who woulda thunk it...

Yeah, started & ended with this thread http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.as...de=&s=#3669985 just posted a couple of screenshots of our software & some info & was banned, no explanation, no nada, IMO if they didn't want info about either product being out there they should've simply closed the thread. Oh well...
    I'd think it's the same as any forum out there, unless you're a supporting vendor, there are advertising rules to follow.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    of course, but most don't care if your just posting pics and at least not linking, also I wasn't the thread starter, they could've just as easily said CLOSED but instead decided banning me was the answer lol.

Really no sweat off of my back.

of course, but most don't care if your just posting pics and at least not linking, also I wasn't the thread starter, they could've just as easily said CLOSED but instead decided banning me was the answer lol.

Really no sweat off of my back.
    That's why people are leaving ClubGP for other options...
    They are only out for ClubGP, not the members...
    2004 GTP Comp-G | DHP PowrTuner | ZZP MPS 3.4 & 3.2 | Ceramic Coated Pace Setter Headers w/ 3" Downpipe & Cat Delete | ZZP Shift Kit | Poly Trans & Motor Mounts | AeroForce Dual Interceptor Scan Gauges | Underdrive Water Pump Pulley | 180° T-Stat | TB Spacer | TB Heat Shield | K&N Drop-in Filter | 110% Gutted Air-Box | TR6IX Iridium Plugs | 8.5mm MSD (red) Spark Plug Wires | Extra Alternator Wire (Direct Route)