Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: new update coming soon?

Quote Originally Posted by bilemke
    Did you guys change the default save locations for scan config files (etc)? Perhaps to the users home folder?
    Yep.
    Always Support Our Troops!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by bilemke
    Sweet. .Net 2.0 support instead of 1.x... That will make it easier for Vista users not familiar with the little details of Vista.

Did you guys change the default save locations for scan config files (etc)? Perhaps to the users home folder?
    Yeah thats really what we were gunning for, I still think vista is evil however there isn't much of a choice for most of us anymore, not even IBM would preinstall xp on my work computer, was stuck with vista
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners
    Yeah thats really what we were gunning for, I still think vista is evil however there isn't much of a choice for most of us anymore, not even IBM would preinstall xp on my work computer, was stuck with vista
    Eventually you will all turn to the dark side.. As we always do. We just forget that it is evil after a while.

Honestly, it is a good thing.. It will just be a while yet before we hit the point of comfort we have in XP right now.
    97 Grand Prix GTP (not going to bother listing mods in detail) 1 messed up 97 PCM with about 30-50% of a 2003 calibration and parts of a few others.

I think that it is a given at this point that the guys just are not capable of providing autotune. I mean it has been so long in the "coming in a future release" phase that you have to feel that the capability doesn't exist, or at least not with the current staff. Even without autotune, it is still a pretty good product.
    02 Camaro Vert SS

Advanced Tuner
    Changing default save location is great, thanks.

Vista isn't that bad and it seems to use multiple cores a lot more efficiently for the simulations I run at work. I highly recommend at least 4GB of ram for a good experience. Microsoft's min specs for Vista are crazy low.

I really don't get why people think autotune is such a big deal. Honestly, with all the different tables and such it seems like it would be a programmers nightmare. Not that it can't be done, but what a big project to tackle!
    Phil K.
    02 Camaro SS 5.7L LS1
    01 Silverado 1500HD 6.0L LQ4 4L80E 78/75 turbo with Flex Fuel

I rarely even use RTT. LOL What's an extra 30 seconds to program it anyway. And with the scanner I can slew the spark around once the fuel is in line anyway.
    Always Support Our Troops!

This is what I fantasize auto tune will be: There will be a table called "commanded A/F ratio". You put in A/F ratios, and using the wide band sensor, the program automatically gives you A/F ratios.
    That is all that I want, and I don't see what else it could be anyway.
    Is my thinking wrong?
    2000 GMC 2500 2-bar SD
    Stock LM7, LTs, TBSS intake manifold

Senior Tuner
    Your Histograms will already do that for you. All you have to do is copy and paste after that.
    Jaime

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Yeah there will always be a need for histogram application of a multiplier to the RTT tables, the pcm doesn't work the way you are implying Givemeclams, you can't just say I want this afr at this rpm and have it tune 10 other tables to get you there, however what you would be able to do is setup your pe table for xx afr & then adjust your VE or maf table off of the % error, but again thats something you can do now by using the copy & paste feature, I know that takes at least an extra 3 seconds but most can handle that workload

It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Now if we could just get HPT to work with Linux I could just get rid of Windows all together....ha ha.

YahtZee

Quote Originally Posted by truckmann
    Now if we could just get HPT to work with Linux I could just get rid of Windows all together....ha ha.

ding ding ding ding!!!!! Yahtzee. You beat me posting such by a few minutes as I was reading this post. I also agree Linux is the way to go. All of those who conform to someone bulling you to purchase their product is lemmingism if you ask me. I sure wish that I had something that people started liking then decided they needed a new stream of moola and forced people into buying it and you people gripe and complain and yet you still buy it. I promise you that if no one bought new computers or just bought Apple or a PC with no OS or one with Linux then Microsoft would be forced... yes you have the power because you have the money they want so bad. If Dell's windows PC sales tanked then guess what they'd go to Microsoft and say "... people call up and ask for a new PC and say I want XP and we tell them no, then they say OK then I want Linux on it (which Dell does sell Ubuntu)" then guess what.. they would be forced via the "power of the people" to sell us what you want instead of what THEY feel is good for you. OK OK I'll get off that box. I too would like to have a version of HPTuners that would run on Linux. Hopefully you could transfer to C/C++ from C sharp before it's to late LOL

I'll get out here

OneFastGT

Advanced Tuner
    runs fine in linux just install a vmware session w/windows :P
    Mike Horist
    00 WS6 (TA) | 04 WS6 (GTP Comp G)
    Mike \\#at&\\ horist \\&dot$\\com

BOTH cars HP Tuners Tuned

VMware cost one of the main reasons for my switch to linux is to use as much open source based apps and see just how well they work so that's why I force myself to use Qemu. They also have a version of Qemu for winders. I was just thinking of getting a eee PC .. $300 laptop and if HPT works in Linux then I'll have all I need in a super small package and not have to lug around my massive laptop anymore. And please for all those who say .. they are about to sell one with windows on it...puk.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GiveMeClams
    This is what I fantasize auto tune will be: There will be a table called "commanded A/F ratio". You put in A/F ratios, and using the wide band sensor, the program automatically gives you A/F ratios.
    That is all that I want, and I don't see what else it could be anyway.
    Is my thinking wrong?

Sounds like a "FAST" system to me

Ive been trying for a couple weeks to get HPT running under QEMU on my G3 Ibook but the dang thing wont read USB thru the emulator. Sucks, I love the 5hr battery life of that thing.

Whatd be cool is if HPT sold an embedded system with a touchscreen and all. sort of like a tablet pc but with HPT built in, and with no OS, just a 'bootable' menu system with Scanner and Editor options. 'Course the R&D behind that makes it non-feasible.

And I dont see all the hoopla behind Autotune. If the thing will tune itself, then whats left to do? I enjoy tweaking stuff constantly and making changes, and i dont want that to be taken away lol

Senior Tuner
    Vista is holding us back, WTF? GD Microsoft... We should all be using Apple computers! I'll personally send every member a hacked copy of Windows XP Pro that works with no validation issues as it is loaded on the college libary computers. Anything to get auto tune out to the masses!

Step 4. Understanding the Real Time Tuning Auto Tune

Auto tune is currently disabled and will be available in the next release of VCM Suite.

SOOOOOOO SOOOOOOOON!

Tuner
    I think AutoTune is sought after by the same people who want to view applicable files to "compare" w/ their file. Instead of taking the time to learn how to tune in SD, via FT's or Wideband. AT is just viewed by many as a shortcut, I believe.
    I prefer to use RTT when applicable, which takes as long to set up as it does to pull over, save and flash. But I also prefer to drive the vehicle instead of riding passenger, and tuning where you can get the most from RTT. So when I'm able to use RTT (99-04 trucks/suv's) I just pull over and copy n paste ,restart my scanner and I'm off logging/RTTing along.

I would rather see LS2 stuff simplified a little and maybe a lil n/a 2.2 Cobalt support.

chris

Check customer login page.

We'll announce officially sometime between today and monday.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Beauty. Of course this happens as I'm transitioning jobs and without a laptop.

Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Quote Originally Posted by blucreek
    I think AutoTune is sought after by the same people who want to view applicable files to "compare" w/ their file. Instead of taking the time to learn how to tune in SD, via FT's or Wideband. AT is just viewed by many as a shortcut, I believe.
    autotune would save a person the learning of copy and paste, not the learning of how to tune and honestly if copy/paste is tough for them well...

"Stupid bird, I should never have left you in charge!!!"
    I count sheep in hex...