Thread: uploaded my tune to the repository

Advanced Tuner

uploaded my tune to the repository

a week or 2 back. i checked today and i find that its not there. i dont know why its not there, or what the delay is, but i just want to make sure that it is in the que to be put up at some point. i have been asked countless times now about the way that i have set up my DoD on my 2007 gmc sierra to get mileage i am doing. i figured it was better to upload my tune so people could see what i did, instead of telling people individually. nearly 25mpg on the freeway seems to be worth sharing (from san jose, california to santa rosa, california - from the south bay area to the luscious hilly wine country of northern california with an average of 24.6 mpg repeatedly)

im just checking in. thanks for allowing me to share what i have found

That's an awesome tuning result. Just edit your post and add it. I can see why you'd be proud of it. You should be.
    Best regards,
    Bill
    Silver 2003 C5 roadster, M6, Euro red/amber tails, Z06 Ti mufflers, Z06 2 cat H-pipe, Z06 airbox, and HPTuners s/w - available to any Corvette or other GM vehicle in Calgary, and also for Ford and Dodge products, including Cummins

Advanced Tuner
    that would require connecting my tuning laptop to the internet, which is a major headache. thats why i put in into the repository. i will see if i can figure it out

I use a $6 usb thumb-drive to move logs and tunes between my laptop and desktop, even though I have wireless from the shop to the office.
    Best regards,
    Bill
    Silver 2003 C5 roadster, M6, Euro red/amber tails, Z06 Ti mufflers, Z06 2 cat H-pipe, Z06 airbox, and HPTuners s/w - available to any Corvette or other GM vehicle in Calgary, and also for Ford and Dodge products, including Cummins

Advanced Tuner
    my normal/everyday computer is a mac, my tuning computer a dell. swapping files back and forth wouldnt work. otherwise i would

aaah, you're one of THEM!

Just kidding. Educate me. Don't thumb drives work on Macs? Do Macs have usb ports?
    Best regards,
    Bill

Advanced Tuner
    yes and yes. the problem is that the software is different. it wont recognize the file. if it wont recognize the file it wont let me upload it

Excellent! I learn something new every day. Thanks.
    Best regards,
    Bill

Advanced Tuner
    same here.
    I've uploaded my tune 1 month ago... not in the repository.
    (I was a stock 99 MN6 C5)

for mac<->pc transfer , use something like FTP as that will work, wont matter if the pc is the server or the client, it should all work. You will probably find the mac has an ftp client built in, so it would be just a matter of running a ftp server (something free+easy like Filezilla works) on the PC and getting the files on over.

Tuner in Training
    More Importantly, what is up with the repository?

There could be alot of great information being held back thats not posted, or stuff people could find useful....
    2014 Corvette Z51 M7
    A&A Vortech V3 SI on 3.8" Pulley, Texas Speed 1 7/8" Catless Longtubes, MightyMouse Gen 5 catch can, LT4 High Pressure Fuel Pump
    617rwhp/575rwtq

Advanced Tuner
    its up now. thanks for whoever updated it. ok guys, my tune is uploaded. check it out