Thread: idle problems help please

Tuner in Training

idle problems help please

Car is a 04 GTO 6speed mods are, tsp torquer cam, ls6 heads, fast 90 intake holly 90 t/b, procharger psc1, 42lb green tops,mafless
    I had the car dyno tuned before the intake and t/b procharger and injectors and I plan to take it to be tuned again when the weather get better but I would really like to get it idling before I take it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    04 gto M6, Fast 90 intake Holly 90 TB, 243 heads no work done, TSP Torquer V2 cam, Procharger
    P1SC, 40lb injectors

Tuner in Training
    top...any comments or anything helpful?
    04 gto M6, Fast 90 intake Holly 90 TB, 243 heads no work done, TSP Torquer V2 cam, Procharger
    P1SC, 40lb injectors

What version & LSA Torquer camshaft are you using? As all of them are a poor choice for a boosted application. A boosted engine needs a wide LSA (115-118) camshaft or the intake charge will be blown out of the exhaust because of late exhaust valve closing.

Also a 1 bar map & OS will not be tuneable for a boosted engine in SD mode. If you put the maf back on, you will be able to tune a low boost < 6-7 psi with a stock displacement engine. After that you will need a 2 bar map sensor & upgrade to a 2 bar OS.

Is your fuel system & regulator stock? If so, the IFR should have a slope instead of a flat line.

Russ Kemp

Tuner in Training
    the fuel system is stock and the cam is 12 lsa I believe i'm about 6-7 psi max. so i need to put he maf back on?
    P1SC, 40lb injectors

First put the Maf back on & flash this tune. Then scan the car with my Maf config file. Drive the car around at low & medium throttle, while scanning and stay out of PE. I need to see were the fuel trims are for now to see if the IFR table is close. If you have a wideband, just insert it into the table display in place of my FJO WB.

Then let the car cool off for ~2-3 hours and do a cold start scan using the idle config file. Don't touch the throttle or move the car while scanning.

You also need to have a 160*F stat & 2 heat range colder than stock spark plugs.

Russ Kemp

Tuner in Training
    hey sorry it took so long to get this done but the weather here has been a pain. I dont drive the car in the rain. Here is the drive and the idle
    P1SC, 40lb injectors

Your desired idle airflow is ~4 g/sec less than the stock RAF values at operating temp. Close off the throttle blade
    stop screw until the STIT & LTIT is close to 0 g/sec (using the idle .cfg file). Or did you drill the throttle blade?

BTW, you didn't scan with my Maf .cfg file when driving around, instead you used the default .cfg file.

Russ Kemp

Tuner in Training
    i drilled the t/b blade.. I will re drive w/ your config today. I miss read your post the first time.
    P1SC, 40lb injectors

Then install a pop rivet in the throttle blade.

Russ Kemp

Tuner in Training
    here is the drive using your config file. is filling the hole 100% necessary
    P1SC, 40lb injectors

Yes, you need to install a pop rivet, then drill the rivet to the stock size hole (if the stock TB had a hole)

Russ Kemp

Tuner in Training
    the hole is the size of the stock t/b. thats why i drilled it.
    P1SC, 40lb injectors

Then just close off the throttle blade with the stop screw as I said before!

Russ Kemp

Tuner in Training
    i got the stit to 0 but the ltit is at -2.50 and i cant get it to move more than .10
    P1SC, 40lb injectors

The LTIT adapts very slowly. Keep backing off the stop screw.

Russ Kemp

Tuner in Training
    does the car need to be running while adjusting?
    P1SC, 40lb injectors

Tuner in Training
    i cant get the stit to goto 0 -2.4X is the farthest down I can get it
    P1SC, 40lb injectors

Advanced Tuner
    I'm haveing the same problem with stock t/b and stock settings, hope someone can help hahha

a little help please

does not like to run at first start up idles pretty good but dies some times knock at 1-2 shift i think i need some work at tip in

IT is alive Russ K is the man
    Last edited by roysvett; 06-19-2008 at 08:52 AM.