Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which Wide Band to buy?

Tuner

Re: Which Wide Band to buy?

my GP has been cancelled...
    Hold off though, I have some good news coming...

Tuner

here is a REALLY bad pic but check out this wideband

In 1.5, you can view WBO2 info in the histogram, chart, and table displays. You can also log the info in the .csv file. Pretty much anywhere you want it, you can put it.
    2013 Jeep Wrangler JK
    3.6 V6
    More MODs than Stock

2018 Ram rebel
    5.7 Hemi V8
    Stock

Tuner

the other thing I forgot to metion is that I am told it will retail for $200

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

Quote Originally Posted by WCP
    the other thing I forgot to metion is that I am told it will retail for $200
    im sure if we get some better pics & info people will be more than happy to go for the simple route rather then what else is offered...at least i would
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by foff667

im sure if we get some better pics & info people will be more than happy to go for the simple route rather then what else is offered...at least i would
    As soon as I get more I will share more
    From the info I have:
    "The XX is a complete wideband controller built into a sealed cable. ....includes digital input, output, and 2 programmable analog outputs...

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

Quote Originally Posted by WCP

As soon as I get more I will share more
    From the info I have:
    "The XX is a complete wideband controller built into a sealed cable. ....includes digital input, output, and 2 programmable analog outputs...
    sounds good, sign me up hoss
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner

Well its midday Sunday here in Perth and i was trying to decide how i want to install my 2A0 WB set-up on the car , I had a few questions so i thought i would send an email off to the people at tech edge and that i would have a response when i got home from work on Monday.

Checked my emails 15 minutes later and there was a reply with all my questions answered.

I can defiantly recommend Tech Edge for their customer support ;D

Peter @ TechEdge is like HP Tuners as far as Tech Support is concerned. He is either devleloping/testing or answering emails. He does generally answer questions within at most a day unless he is tremendously backlogged. Also they have an awesome Email list @ http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/oz-diy-wb/ which you can sign up for and get the whole TechEdge community to help as well.

I highly recommend them to anyone who is looking for a highly accurate WB with awesome tech support.

If someone is very technical they also offer DIY-WB kits that basically come with all the parts, silkscreened board, detailed instructions and of course their support community. You can read up on it here: http://www.wbo2.com/2a0/kit.htm
    You cannot get their latest models in a DIY form (2B0-2C0-2D0) but you can get up to their 2A0 which is very accurate and has a good deal of features.

I do not recommend this for most users with limited knowledge of electronics but if you have the "SkillZ" you can save a good deal of money going this route. Example: The 2A0 DIY-Kit is 152.00 w/Cable + 38.00 for a 7057 Sensor and you have a complete wideband system. This is without the display but if you have HP Tuners you do not need one.

Tuner in Training

Quote Originally Posted by Monodax
    Peter @ TechEdge is like HP Tuners as far as Tech Support is concerned. He is either devleloping/testing or answering emails. He does generally answer questions within at most a day unless he is tremendously backlogged. Also they have an awesome Email list @ http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/oz-diy-wb/ which you can sign up for and get the whole TechEdge community to help as well.

I highly recommend them to anyone who is looking for a highly accurate WB with awesome tech support.

If someone is very technical they also offer DIY-WB kits that basically come with all the parts, silkscreened board, detailed instructions and of course their support community. You can read up on it here: http://www.wbo2.com/2a0/kit.htm
    You cannot get their latest models in a DIY form (2B0-2C0-2D0) but you can get up to their 2A0 which is very accurate and has a good deal of features.

I do not recommend this for most users with limited knowledge of electronics but if you have the "SkillZ" you can save a good deal of money going this route. Example: The 2A0 DIY-Kit is 152.00 w/Cable + 38.00 for a 7057 Sensor and you have a complete wideband system. This is without the display but if you have HP Tuners you do not need one.
    I wish I would have known this before I bought my WB.....I was an electronics tech in the Navy and could have done this no problem.
    2003 Chevy Avalanche, LPM, WBH (Naked)&&Radix Blown 5.3L, Flowmaster 70 Single-In, Dual-Out&&McGaughys/Eibach 2/3 Drop, Hotchkis Sways/Trailing Arms&&ASA TRS II\'s + Kumho Ecsta STX 305/50-20\'s

Senior Tuner

How does this one look to everyone?

http://www.zeitronix.com/Products/zt2/zt2.htm

Tuner in Training

Quote Originally Posted by 12secSS
    How does this one look to everyone?

http://www.zeitronix.com/Products/zt2/zt2.htm

I have a Zeitronix WB but at this point I wouldn't recommend them or any other HPT non-native WB since only native WBs can utilize the WB histogram in the scanner. If you use an aux input and enter a formula for your WB, you can log the A/F but the A/F histogram will only track narrow band.

Otherwise I really like my Zeitronix WB. I bought the display with it so I can see my A/F even when my laptop isn't connected. I would recommend the Zeitronix for permanent installs where the LM-1 is more of a portable unit.

Tuner in Training

I'm very happy with my PLX Devices WB. Easy install. No switch to turn off and on. Small footprint. HPT already comes with voltage - AF conversion.

I've got the WB, HPT Dongle, and Serial-USB adapter all lying neatly in the glove box. I'll post a pix soon.

2000 M6 SS Convertible, FTRA, Lid, LS6 intake, LS6 S heads, TR220, RT cats, Magnaflow, paint chips on pass side door.

Advanced Tuner

I dig my Zeitronix, got the LCD and everything. Nice unit. If you don't get one before 12/4, you'll be able to see mine at Famoso.
    Eric - 01 Silverado 5.3 ECSB
    ET: [email protected] 1.77 60' 5200 lbs

Crappy website about my truck

My Myspace page
    Usually contains explicit material (language, etc..)
    It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Potential Tuner

Thanks for the responses. Looks like I have more research to do.

Advanced Tuner

I'm very happy with my PLX Devices WB. Easy install. No switch to turn off and on. Small footprint. HPT already comes with voltage - AF conversion.

I've got the WB, HPT Dongle, and Serial-USB adapter all lying neatly in the glove box. I'll post a pix soon.
    Are you using your PLX to feed a simulated narrowband signal to the ECU? If you are do you have a log of the simulated narrowband singal and the stock O2 on the other side of the car? The reason I ask is I want to know if the simulated narrowband output is similar in responce and signal as the real stock O2's.
    Phil K.
    02 Camaro SS 5.7L LS1
    01 Silverado 1500HD 6.0L LQ4 4L80E 78/75 turbo with Flex Fuel