Thread: just got my software

Tuner in Training

just got my software

I can't wait till I can start tuning. I'm just waiting on my new laptop. I ordered a dell 600M laptop.
    Signature &&2000 Nhra Special Edition Formula&&SLP LT headers&&SLP Loud Mouth exhaust&&SLP Air FLow lid, K&N filter&&SLP Cold Air Induction&&Yank 2800 Torque Converter&&

Re: just got my software

Welcome!

That's a nice laptop, compact which is a big plus inside the car. Just a word of caution, you do know you will need a USB->Serial adapter? There have been a few people that get the software and then realize they can't use it yet because they need the adapter to make it work with their new comptuer that doesn't have a serial port. Here's a good thread about it:

So tell us a little about you car. What's done to it? What are the plans? Also, update your profile and add a sig with a description of your car that way if you need help later everyone will know what you have.

Again, welcome to the site and to HPT in general. I'm sure you will have a blast as you start getting your car to run better and know that you did it yourself.

-Mike-
    -Michael Rudolph-
    2003 Redfire Cobra
    Eaton Powered to a:
    11.301 @ 129 1.68 60' MT DRs
    11.85 @ 124 1.90 60' street tires

Tuner in Training

I was told that the 600m was the only laptop from dell that has a serial port built in. I will have to check into that. Thanks for telling me about my sig and the usb serial adapter
    Signature &&2000 Nhra Special Edition Formula&&SLP LT headers&&SLP Loud Mouth exhaust&&SLP Air FLow lid, K&N filter&&SLP Cold Air Induction&&Yank 2800 Torque Converter&&

Yeah, I just looked at dells website and it looks like it does :-[so you should be good to go once you get it.
    -Michael Rudolph-
    2003 Redfire Cobra
    Eaton Powered to a:
    11.301 @ 129 1.68 60' MT DRs
    11.85 @ 124 1.90 60' street tires

Advanced Tuner

With those prices on new laptop's it makes me think Dell.
    Phil K.
    02 Camaro SS 5.7L LS1
    01 Silverado 1500HD 6.0L LQ4 4L80E 78/75 turbo with Flex Fuel