Thread: Injector size on Cobalt SS 2.0 S/C

Tuner in Training

Injector size on Cobalt SS 2.0 S/C

Hi I have done a search on this but have not been able to get the info I want. I know that the stage 2 from GM comes with 42# injectors. I would like to know what size are the stock injectors on the 2005 Cobalt SS 2.0?

Tuner in Training
    As I recall, 34 lb/hr.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks Bill.

Potential Tuner

stock injectors

so its 32 stock injectors? cause i ordered stage 2 kit for my 05 ss cobalt and i was wondering what sixe the stock injectors were and kind of a dumb question but its a stage 1 that comes out stock on the 05 cobalt ss/sc right?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 05cobaltsssc View Post
    so its 32 stock injectors? cause i ordered stage 2 kit for my 05 ss cobalt and i was wondering what sixe the stock injectors were and kind of a dumb question but its a stage 1 that comes out stock on the 05 cobalt ss/sc right?
    nope it just comes out as a ss/sc. a stage 1 kit would consist of injectors and a tune. gm sells the stage 1 kit.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by REVOLUTION607 View Post
    nope it just comes out as a ss/sc. a stage 1 kit would consist of injectors and a tune. gm sells the stage 1 kit.
    thanks i got the stage 2 kit from gm and had it installed at a gm dealer but it just dont seem as fast as it should be. do you know the smallest pulley i could put on it without having to retune it with the stage 2?

Tuner in Training
    I would not run anything smaller than a 2.8 on the GM stage 2 tune. Anything smaller than that and you are going to need 60# injectors, cooling mods and a custom tune.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Walrus View Post
    I would not run anything smaller than a 2.8 on the GM stage 2 tune. Anything smaller than that and you are going to need 60# injectors, cooling mods and a custom tune.
    alright thanks man i sure do appreciate it