Thread: Autometer

Tuner in Training

Autometer

I checked w/ Autometer. Their electronic guages are all 0-5v. In the next week or so, I will attempt to wire the guages to the input on the EIO. Anyone done this yet? I'm using fuel pressure and nitrous pressure. With these connected and logging, I'll better be able to monitor their rise/fall effect on each pass.

I'm starting to have too much fun w/ this giddy-up.

Thanks

Tuner

Re: Autometer

I haven't connected the fuel pressure yet, but i plan on doing the same.

From what i have heard 0.5 volts is 0 psi, and 4.5 volts equals 100 psi, so that should help you create the transfer function for the fuel pressure gauge.

Ryan
    1998 Ws6 TA

Horist and I have tried to hook up his autometer fuel pressure gauge to the EIO input but could not find the 0-5v signal lead. Everything seemed to be a 0-12v range.

We were in a rush and were unable to contact autometer for the proper procedure.

I too have the autometer fuel pressure gauge and will eventually hook it up to my EIO as well.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner

Is it one of the newer 3 wire senders? or one of the older full sweep sensors?

Ryan
    1998 Ws6 TA

I have been meaning to post this for awhile but never got around to it.

I called Nordskog Performance Products (805-483-2411 9am - 5pm PST) and they have a fuel pressure sending unit that has a 1V - 5V output that meassures from 0-100 psi. It is for fuel or oil. It has a 1/4" NPT fitting and costs $129. I wired it into one of the inputs and it works great. They said you could use any 5-14V input to power it but when I used the 5V output from the EIO it did not work. Once I gave it 12VDC, it worked immediatly. It has a linier output so it is very easy to set up. The part number is S8017-1. They do not advertise this part as it is a sub-component of another part but they will sell it alone. Hope this helps.
    2013 Jeep Wrangler JK
    3.6 V6
    More MODs than Stock

2018 Ram rebel
    5.7 Hemi V8
    Stock

Advanced Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by 1998WS6
    Is it one of the newer 3 wire senders? or one of the older full sweep sensors?

Ryan

It's an older Full Sweep gauge (bought it late 2002) w/the sender... forget exact number of wires though
    Mike Horist
    00 WS6 (TA) | 04 WS6 (GTP Comp G)
    Mike \\#at&\\ horist \\&dot$\\com

BOTH cars HP Tuners Tuned