Thread: 2006 GT CMCV delete= no low end TQ???

2006 GT CMCV delete= no low end TQ???

I have a 2006 4.6 Mustang GT. It has an Airaid cold air intake with the MVP removed and cat back. I have the MAF transfer dialed in STFT +- 2-3% and 12.8:1 AFR in OL. I have also done CMCV Delete and used RWTQ how to on CMCV Delete http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...highlight=imrc for the IMRC tables and spark tables. The car pulls hard up top but feels sluggish until you nail it. If you just half throttle get on it the car is sluggish, if your cruising on the freeway and just give it a little it is sluggish but if you go wot it moves out. Is this from the CMCV delete? The spark advance is the stock timing I would like to increase spark for 91 octane but i do not fully understand the spark tables and VCT yet. Please have a look at my tune.
    Last edited by Dozer; 03-13-2009 at 01:07 AM.

The CMCV plates are there for a reason from the factory. Removing them seldom gives more than about 5hp (max) gain if you're taking honest data. You are now experiencing the downside to having them out where port velocity is all but gone at low load. I prefer to leave them in, even on super/turbocharged engines up to about 600hp.

Senior Tuner
    In this file go to Airflow, General and make the IMRC changes. Also under Variable Camshaft. See if this won't help your low end torque. I lost zero low end with this tune.
    Last edited by 8850; 03-14-2009 at 08:46 AM.

Made a night and day difference picked up bottom lag.

I did a back to back same day test on the dyno last year, we picked up 5rwhp from CMCV delete on an NA GT, and saw no loss in TQ at part throttle (measured by the dyno) when the proper spark curve is used.

I also made an 87 octane CMCV delete spark curve a while back.
    Justin Starkey
    Ford and GM custom tuning
    Mobile Dynojet 224xLC
    www.VMPTuning.com
    2006 F250 CC 6.0L 14.3@92
    2006 Mustang 4.0L Vortech 15psi 395rwhp wife's car
    2000 Mustang 3.8L TT [email protected] 450rwhp

Quote Originally Posted by Justin@VMP View Post
    I did a back to back same day test on the dyno last year, we picked up 5rwhp from CMCV delete on an NA GT, and saw no loss in TQ at part throttle (measured by the dyno) when the proper spark curve is used.

I also made an 87 octane CMCV delete spark curve a while back.
    Care to show us a good tune for the CMCV delete mod?