Thread: ls1 fuel rail's. return, returnelss, which vehicles? Injector flow??

Tuner

ls1 fuel rail's. return, returnelss, which vehicles? Injector flow??

Okay, my understanding was that the 97,98 corvette ls1 has a fuel rail mounted regulator with a vacuum reference. Is this correct or not? All the 97/98 corvette files I get from the repository show the flow changing with vacuum.

All F-body had single fuel rail connection, with regulator in tank. right?

Tuner in Training
    If you're looking at injector flow versus vacuum then all years vary - it's just physics. Increased vacuum helps suck the fuel into the cylinder, so you get a greater flow. At zero vacuum (WOT) the pressure will drop.

The 1999 onwards had a single fuel line with no return, the 97/98 had a return line, it's the first difference you spot between the years when opening the hood.

The 97-98 Corvette pressure regulator is not referenced to vacuum, so the IFR graph will slope up. The Camaro/Firebird pressure regulator is part of the fuel pump unit, the IFR graph will also slope up.

Russ Kemp

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ K View Post
    The 97-98 Corvette pressure regulator is not referenced to vacuum, so the IFR graph will slope up. The Camaro/Firebird pressure regulator is part of the fuel pump unit, the IFR graph will also slope up.

Russ Kemp
    thanks, just the info I was needing. I was trying to find a picture to see if there was a vacuum reference, I figured so after about 10 corvette calibrations I opened all had a slope.

97-98 had nearly same injectors as the 01+. 99-00 had somewhat smaller injectors if memory serves me right.

so How would I set up my IFR if I am using the corvette Fuel Pressure Regulator/filter and 42' marine injectors?
    thx
    2003 Chevrolet Silverado SS
    L92 Heads/ L92 Truck Intake
    OBX LT Headers
    Custom Ridings 3200 Stall Converter/Built Trans
    6 Piston ZO6 Brakes/ 2 pc 15" Front rotors

It will be sloped.
    Free HP Tuners Beginners Tuning Guide

LS1 Tuning Guide
    Michigan Snowmobiler

1969 Firebird: 11.67@114 [email protected] 1/8 1.70 60 ft. EPS cam 234/246 .602.606 114+3, 6.0 LQ4, L92 heads milled 10.5:1, Ported L76 intake, ported 90mm Holley TB, 100mm MAF, FIC Custom injectors, Hooker LT, PYPES dual exhaust with an X pipe, 4L65e with all of the good parts inside, FTI 4000 RPM Stall, 12 bolt with 3.73 gears. HP Tuner tuned by me