Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2009 Mustang support?

Any word on the 09 Mustang GT support? I got one last week and got the beta from Witt to read the car but the scanner doesnt work as listed above. Also that little fuel pump issue Witt showed me as well.

Thanks,

Dan

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by djt81185 View Post
    Any word on the 09 Mustang GT support? I got one last week and got the beta from Witt to read the car but the scanner doesnt work as listed above. Also that little fuel pump issue Witt showed me as well.

Thanks,

Dan
    Can you point me in the direction of the fuel pump issue?
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Can you point me in the direction of the fuel pump issue?
    Go to fuel System>Fuel Pump Voltage vs Flow vs Pressure>Fuel Pump Voltage - Flow Axis Xref

A stock gt500 goes to a value of 8 in the lb/min section. But try to modify and stock GT or even a stock GT500 tune and you cant go above a 4 limit even tho a stock GT500 has a 8 limit. You can't correctly scale the table if you do a gt500 pump upgrade the way it is now.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22971

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Yeah thats already on our to do list.
    Last edited by Bill@HPTuners; 06-06-2009 at 08:57 PM.

Anytime line on a working scanner for the 09s? It sucks being able to write but not scan...just asking for trouble. Also what is the deal with this Knock sensor table compared to earlier car...and also the multiple lines of blank DTC codes?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Anytime line on a working scanner for the 09s? It sucks being able to write but not scan...just asking for trouble. Also what is the deal with this Knock sensor table compared to earlier car...and also the multiple lines of blank DTC codes?
    email support the 2 files...the 09 file I have here shows nothing abnormal in the dtc's, I can alo have the other tables reviewed

Senior Tuner
    Go to fuel System>Fuel Pump Voltage vs Flow vs Pressure>Fuel Pump Voltage - Flow Axis Xref

A stock gt500 goes to a value of 8 in the lb/min section. But try to modify and stock GT or even a stock GT500 tune and you cant go above a 4 limit even tho a stock GT500 has a 8 limit. You can't correctly scale the table if you do a gt500 pump upgrade the way it is now.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22971
    If you're N/A I doubt you'll ever go over a flow rate of 4 anyway, so just build properly in regards to the 4 limit. Besides, you need to be building your own FPVT values anyway, and not relying off factory Ford data. Each car will have it's OWN FPVT needs, and dialing in this table is crucial for proper control of the ERFS (electronic returnless fuel system). Also, since you have the actual GT500 fuel pump system (dual FPDM, dual pump assembly), make sure that you put in the 3 PID values from the GT500 for the fuel pump control.

If you're FI (forced induction), naturally you'll need more flow headroom. For HPT, there is a way around this for now. If you ratio the injector hi and low slopes, the injector breakpoint, the engine displacement, and the MAF transfer (ONLY the flow rates, NOT the voltage/counts), you can gain room on the FPVT. Cutting all those values in half (1/2) will net you double the flow range on the FPVT, so 4 now becomes 8. You can ratio all those values I just mentioned anyway you want to get the necessary flow rate room you need on the X-axis of the FPVT (i.e. ratioing by .80 will reflect a range of 5, .66 will reflect a range of 6, etc). Naturally, the values on that table will not change in "appearance", but they will in the pcm calculation, so you will just have to "do the math" in your head to determine which current value corresponds to the new flow rate.

The only downside is that the factory pcm only recognizes a MAP of up to 32 (the Shelby's recognizes up to 64 [about 16.x psi of boost], and it can recognize even higher if you change the value to reflect such, which HPT does not give you access to), so the pcm will NOT see boost on the non-GT500 Mustangs, therefore being in boost on these vehicles won't be reflected on the Y-Axis of the FPVT. It could be modified to allow for such, but HPT doesn't access this.
    Last edited by RWTD; 06-06-2009 at 01:50 PM.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)