Thread: Is VE calibrated at same temp as Cranking VE

Advanced Tuner

Is VE calibrated at same temp as Cranking VE

Are the VE tables calculated at the same temperature as the cranking VE tables? Is the Cranking VE calibration temp the outside air temperature?
    1998 Camaro Z28 M6: SLP Lid, Adj. Panhard, SFCs, CAGS!, Hotcam, Hooker Shorties, Katech Tensioner, Catback with Dynomax 17221 3\" Muffler, Mobil-1, Bosch +4s, 160 Stat, !EGR, !MAFless, !FRA, S3 TB

Advanced Tuner

Re: Is VE calibrated at same temp as Cranking VE

TTT
    1998 Camaro Z28 M6: SLP Lid, Adj. Panhard, SFCs, CAGS!, Hotcam, Hooker Shorties, Katech Tensioner, Catback with Dynomax 17221 3\" Muffler, Mobil-1, Bosch +4s, 160 Stat, !EGR, !MAFless, !FRA, S3 TB

the VE table, is not a "VE" in the true sense, the cranking VE is a true %.

the real units of the VE table are grams.Kelvin/kPa so you can see it includes a temperature component (linear) in it.

In 2.x we will allow you to view the VE table in either % or g.K/kPa

I count sheep in hex...

Advanced Tuner

Very cool. Thanks!

I don't suppose you could shed some light on the AF ratio PID that can be used with narrowband. I was wondering if this is an AF ratio that the PCM calculates based on the amount of air and fuel it "sees", because it seems pretty accurate...I think.

Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherUser
    Very cool. Thanks!

I don't suppose you could shed some light on the AF ratio PID that can be used with narrowband. I was wondering if this is an AF ratio that the PCM calculates based on the amount of air and fuel it "sees", because it seems pretty accurate...I think.
    I've always thought that it just displayed the commanded afr found by stoich/pe. Maybe I'm thinking of something else though.
    98 M6 TA, mods: tsp torquer(233/233 .589 112), Patriot golds, ls6 oil pump, ls6 intake, tsp lid, pacesetter LT\'s and ORY, magnaflow, fra, HPTUNER!

Advanced Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by luv2spd

I've always thought that it just displayed the commanded afr found by stoich/pe. Maybe I'm thinking of something else though.
    No. There is another PID for commanded AFR.