Thread: No MIL Light vs SES Enabled set to Off

Tuner in Training

No MIL Light vs SES Enabled set to Off

What is the diff between No MIL Light and SES Enabled set to Off?

Another question:
    I had headers and cam installed recently. No rear 02s. My friend turned a few things off to keep the SES from coming on. I now have the program for myselft since he now has a 2000 vette and no longer his 98 camaro. I am going through the DTCs and see that he set 170 - Fuel Trim Bank 1 and 173 - Fuel Trim Bank 2 to No Error Reported and SES Enabled set to Off. Why would he do that? Or is this default? I can't reach him to find out but I'm trying to learn and not depend on him for help.

As I'm going throught the DTCs I see a lot of them are set to no error reported and sES Enabled set to Off. I guess a lot of this stuff is by default? Should I worry about 170 and 173?

I still like to know the diff between No MIL Light and SES Enabled set to Off.

Re: No MIL Light vs SES Enabled set to Off

I looked at my stock '01 Camaro .bin and my 170 and 173 are set the same as yours, No Error reported and SES enable Off so I guess this means it's that way from the factory.

I don't know what the difference is between "no error reported" and "SES enable off", hopefully someone else does.

-Mike-
    -Michael Rudolph-
    2003 Redfire Cobra
    Eaton Powered to a:
    11.301 @ 129 1.68 60' MT DRs
    11.85 @ 124 1.90 60' street tires

Tuner in Training

Re: No MIL Light vs SES Enabled set to Off

Quote Originally Posted by Screamn03
    I looked at my stock '01 Camaro .bin and my 170 and 173 are set the same as yours, No Error reported and SES enable Off so I guess this means it's that way from the factory.

I don't know what the difference is between "no error reported" and "SES enable off", hopefully someone else does.

-Mike-
    Thanks. I appreciiate that info.