Thread: 2010 A6 Maggie Camaro Hot Restart

2010 A6 Maggie Camaro Hot Restart

I have a 2010 A6 Camaro SS that I just put a TVS 2300 on......I have noticed that upon hot restart I turn the key and it cranks but won't start.........sort of like.....Crank, Crank, Crank, Crank......then I can turn the key again and it will start and find idle........I have added timing, subtracted timing, added air, subtracted air. It seemed to get better with timing and I could get it to start on the first try but it would idle high and not want to obtain actual idle RPM. ie idle at 1200 and target RPM was at 600. So I then called Magna Charger and had their tuner, Drew (very helpful and very friendly), give me their "base" tune for the set up. same issue, first time the key is turned, no start, second time starts and finds idle instantly....I e-mailed Manguson, but it's late on a friday, so I thought I would get some advice from here.

I am wondering if the load from the A6 and the added strain of the blower is a little too much to start. However, it does instantly start on the second key turn. maybe, target RPM needs to be increased.......now I'm just rambling.......open to any ideas.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 30thta436 View Post
    I have a 2010 A6 Camaro SS that I just put a TVS 2300 on......I have noticed that upon hot restart I turn the key and it cranks but won't start.........sort of like.....Crank, Crank, Crank, Crank......then I can turn the key again and it will start and find idle........I have added timing, subtracted timing, added air, subtracted air. It seemed to get better with timing and I could get it to start on the first try but it would idle high and not want to obtain actual idle RPM. ie idle at 1200 and target RPM was at 600. So I then called Magna Charger and had their tuner, Drew (very helpful and very friendly), give me their "base" tune for the set up. same issue, first time the key is turned, no start, second time starts and finds idle instantly....I e-mailed Manguson, but it's late on a friday, so I thought I would get some advice from here.

I am wondering if the load from the A6 and the added strain of the blower is a little too much to start. However, it does instantly start on the second key turn. maybe, target RPM needs to be increased.......now I'm just rambling.......open to any ideas.
    Typically the heat inside the blower causes heat soak worse than a normal engine experiences. The fuel gets evaporated away.

Most likely you will get some improvement by increasing the cranking fuel for the ECT area you are in. See Fuel Control > Cranking FA vs Cranking Time.

Stock, around 190F typically 10% rich is commanded, 212 21% rich. Higher than that 26% rich. You may need to go 10% richer again. Or more.

10% rich is EQ 1.1. Lambda 0.9, AFR 13.2.

26% rich is EQ 1.26, Lambda 0.74, AFR 10.9.

This table simply ups the injector shot for different start ECT levels and time since last run.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 30thta436 View Post

I know you unplugged the negative cable at the battery after you uploaded the new tune!
    Bill and Chris have made us aware along time ago.Drew should have told you that as well.

Senior Tuner
    Why unplug the cable? Just pull the fuses! There's 2 to pull (I can't recall which ones off the top of my head).
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

Why does the PCM still require fuses to be pulled???????

Howard
    Full Service GM Late Model Performance Facility

www.redline-motorsports.net
    Follow US on FACEBOOK!
    Follow us on Instagram! redline_motorsports

Senior Tuner
    Not really sure, honestly. I didn't have the start issue on a 2010 Camaro I tuned a couple of weeks ago.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

Advanced Tuner
    Why pull the fuses on an ECM which has just been run from cold start ok and wont do a hot restart with a blower sitting on top? Until it has been cranked and a little more fuel spat in to replace what evaporated...?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by RWTD View Post
    Not really sure, honestly. I didn't have the start issue on a 2010 Camaro I tuned a couple of weeks ago.
    Did you adjust any of the start up tables?
    2016 GMC Sierra 1500 6.2L