Thread: Injector 60#'ers changed for 80#'ers will fuel pressure remain the same?

Injector 60#'ers changed for 80#'ers will fuel pressure remain the same?

Just curious if using 60# injectors (with correct data from Gregs dvd) with current IDC's of 100% at 5800 if changing to 80#ers (and changing to correct data for those as well) if fuel pressure will remain the same as it is with 60's or if it might drop because of bigger injectors?
    This is with only a boost a pump and no boost referenced regulator (returnless stock C5 system).

I think pressure should remain the same even with larger injectors and only thing to drop will be the idc's correct?

I'm just trying to get away from the higher IDC's and just need to know whats gonna happen with fuel pressure doing this.

Thanks
    Last edited by 07cobaltsupercharged; 12-25-2009 at 09:32 PM.

Pressure should remain the same.
    2003 Z06
    Forged 347
    PTE Billet 67/65 Turbos
    FMIC / Dual 50mm Tial BOV's
    ID 1000 Injectors
    RSI Stage 4 Fuel System
    07 Z06 Cam
    Tripple Nozzle Meth
    ACT Twin disk clutch

25# Boost

Advanced Tuner
    the pressure would drop if your pump and /or lines are already at their max capacity. otherwise,no drop.

if your allready maxing 60lb'ers with a boost pump id be very careful using 80lb's if you dont have the rest of the fuel system to go with them eg, surge tank and a pair of bosch 044 or equivalent.
    Are you sure you are actually maxing the injectors out and not the rest of the fuel system causing the injectors to work harder as they arent being supplied the fuel efficently?
    How much power and what sort of afr's are you running? 60lbs will support 600-700+rwhp depending on your afr setup. My own 60lbs were at 82% making 535rwhp @ 11.8afr.
    Give it a go yourself first, if it doesnt work out then pay someone.

After reviewing many log files in excel just now my fuel pressure is dropping way to low even with BAP so im ordering a external secondary fuel system. Even tho my AFR's are fine to redline at 11.2 injectors are maxed way before then and fuel pressure just too low for safety and peace of mind.

I am at 750 rwhp at 15 psi. Afr's are fine all the way to 6500 at 11.2 even with pressure drop into the high 40's by 6000. I could lean it up to 11.5 and they are much better IDC's around 90% but still way low fuel pressure.

Its time to be smart and fork over the $$ for correct fuel system.
    Last edited by 07cobaltsupercharged; 12-25-2009 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 07cobaltsupercharged View Post
    Its time to be smart and fork over the $$ for correct fuel system.
    The smartest thing anyone with serious horsepower can say.

Im using a walbro gss341 intank pump to feed my 6.5ltr surge tank than a pair of bosch 044's through to after market rails and 80lb inj then into a turbosmart fuel regulator at the end set at 58psi with the factory feed line used as a return feed.
    I put my reg after the rails as that way i can confirm i have my desired fuel pressure at the rail, its easier to put the reg at the start and retain the dead head setup but your relying on the pressure being maintained after that point, i thought better be safe and know whats actually at the rail not what is going to it.
    Give it a go yourself first, if it doesnt work out then pay someone.