Thread: upgrading from 2bar SD to 3r SD? how?

Advanced Tuner

upgrading from 2bar SD to 3r SD? how?

I have converted a spare 2001 Vette PCM for use in a dragster application and loaded a 2001 F-body file with a write entire.

worked nicely, but I need to upgrade OS from 2bar SD to a 3bar SD since we gone up with boost, however, I can not select the OS anymore. It says 2bar "applied" and I seem to have no other possibility to either go back or upgrade as all other buttons on OS screen are grayed out.

how do I do that?

Advanced Tuner
    don't have a base file with stock OS, the one I used to begin was already a 2bar SD OS so I used it to tune car on the dyno. Now everything is fine and wanted to upgrade to 3bar MAP and I am stuck.

it would mean I have to get a stock file first, (2 credit gone), upgrade it to 3bar SD (another 2 credits gone) , that's the only way?

I know that upgrading to 3bar needs 2 credits but I would waste a another two going that way if no other possibility

Potential Tuner
    Why does HP Tuners charge you 2 credits just for changing your tune to an SD tune from a MAF tune?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by csdunaway View Post
    Why does HP Tuners charge you 2 credits just for changing your tune to an SD tune from a MAF tune?
    Because we invested thousands of man hours into these proprietary code changes. Nobody must use a custom operating system to tune in SD but it sure is easier with all the things we added
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"