Thread: AE table help

AE table help

I'm trying to get a bigger shot of fuel on initial accell. I read the help file that states, "The enrichment fraction is then added to the current commanded fuel. Various modifiers exist to control the rate and profile of the fuel delivery with time, also, other modifiers exist based on vehicle speed etc. "

In the base AE table, Any TPS below 40 shows .550 which when you multiply that by the commanded AFR, (12.0) you get a 6.6afr. But above 40%tps, the multiplier is above 1.00 which means you are leaning out the AFR when AE activates. Am i reading this all wrong or am i correct?????

When you run a small pulley with wi we need a BIG shot of fuel on the initial punch of the throttle.

thanks,
    Rob

Tuner

Re: AE table help

Hi Rob. My understanding of the AE Enrichment table is that it is based on the change in airflow and not of the commanded air/fuel ratio.

AE Enrichment will take the change in airflow readings by the MAF per reference pulse and add a percentage of extra fuel ontop of the regular fueling for the new airflow based on the TPS value, which is the change in throttle position during that same reference pulse.

The table then has modifiers such as the vsMPH table, which multiplies the AE table based on the MPH the vehicle is traveling and its corresponding multiplier value.

With a smaller pulley the AE table needs to be jacked way way up. On generic aftermarket PCMs this is generally 10%, I'd suggest at least 25% and go from there. Also try not having the MPH tapper off, make them all a constant value of 1 to make your tuning easier.

Hope that helps