Thread: Tune question

Potential Tuner

Tune question

Hello,

Well i have a problem here. I ran my car around for about 1 day after i reset the fuel curves for the Long term but when i scaned it the next day i noticed that some of the numbers were really of like -10 and such, well i ran it again the next day i was getting 30's. I need to know what type of rpm's i should keep it at and rpm range. Not to mention how far i should let my rpms rise w/o shifting. If someone could help me out I'd preciate it.

thx
    jay

Re: Tune question

After resetting your fuel trims you need to crank up a number of hours of driving ATLEAST to get the LTRIMS to stabalise before you start trying to tune from them again.

When you want to Tune your VE from it, you want to hit as many cells under as many load conditions as you can without entering PE(unless youve turned PE off).

Ross

Potential Tuner

And how exactly would i do that i cant find anything in the forum, ive seen it once but now i can find it grrr

thx

Advanced Tuner

there is a good tuning guide by WS6snake-eater here
    one of the first steps is to do a read of you’re car and store a copy of the bin file in a safe place if you ever need to go back to it
    You may also find this site usefull http://www.horist.com/hptuner/search.asp?action=exe
    there are lots of bin files here that you can check out.

Tuner

does the VE tuning described in the link above work on boosted vehicles?
    02 GMC Sierra 2500HD CC 4X4 6.0L LME 408 w/ET245, Kenne Bell 2.8L, Yank SC3000

Advanced Tuner

i don't have any experience with boosted cars myself , someone like Jimmyblue would be the one to answer that one . i did see a screen shot Chris posted of a log from his boosted Monaro and it looks like he is using something like the wideband method that WS6snake-eater uses

Potential Tuner

hey,

when i was looking at the fuel curves on my 99 z28 i can see a few jumps around 15/20 are they jumpy for a reason?? oh and is it better to have a smooth wave cause if i just set the smooth pollin to 5 and just keep hiting the button it smooths it wayyyy out. But remember i have no clue what im doing Oh and when i do, do the driving thing. how smooth should it be ive made one but didn't go off the numbers because well my numbers were all over the place and made them strait lines all the way up from the beginning to the end of what was on the chart.

just wonderin if that would screw up my car.

Tuner in Training

You only should do the Poly Smoothing once. The more you use it the more it's going to effect the neighboring cells.

My understanding of the Poly smooth is just to make it a little more uniform at the cost of "perfect" trims for smoother throttle response.
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

2001 TA ~ 2000 TA ~ 95 TA - Sold ~ 87 FB - Buried in New Mexico ~ 86 FB - Sold