Thread: 2009 6.2 silverado DOD?

Tuner

2009 6.2 silverado DOD?

I was finally able to do a write entire from my 09 4wd 6.2l silverado. as per the factory tune the Dod is disabled. Is that the case with combo? my 07 vortec max had dod and I was able to tweak it til I could get 23 mpg. Is this truck not set up with all the parts necessary to run the DOD? Im sure it cant be a matter of just enabling the function. BTW this is the max tow package if that makes any difference. thanks in advance

No DOD on 07+ 6.2L Truck Motors...
    2010 GMC Sierra Ext Cab SLT 2wd 6.2L/6L80 w/3.42's
    HPT Pro w/LM-1 Wideband, AR Longtubes, AFE Intake, Gibson 3.5'' Exhaust, SLP UD Pulley, 160* Stat... New times coming soon..

You are correct, it isn't a matter of just the computer that takes part in controlling DOD... We are missing componets under the hood.. I would NOT turn that on.. Just saying...

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by stanger383 View Post
    I was finally able to do a write entire from my 09 4wd 6.2l silverado. as per the factory tune the Dod is disabled. Is that the case with combo? my 07 vortec max had dod and I was able to tweak it til I could get 23 mpg. Is this truck not set up with all the parts necessary to run the DOD? Im sure it cant be a matter of just enabling the function. BTW this is the max tow package if that makes any difference. thanks in advance
    WHAT? Care to upload that. You might be my hero

Potential Tuner
    X2 !

I'm only getting avg 14.7mpg commuting 50 miles RT each day... That's on the DIC, hand-calculated is about 13.8.

Quote Originally Posted by C5turbo View Post
    WHAT? Care to upload that. You might be my hero

Tuner
    I consistently get 20ish on my 65-mile commute 50/50 city/rural roads.
    1. I added between 2 and 4 to my DoD HO spark table.
    2. Adjusted the DoD vacuum enable & disable table by up to -4 in the RPMs I cruise at.
    3. TPS max from 8 to 20%
    4. TSP max hyst from .5 to 3%
    07 Avalanche Exhaust & CAI

FYI - If you enable it on a non-DoD engine. You get a dead miss on 4 cylinders, and trips the CEL.. and won't come out of 4 cyl mode.. LOL