Thread: Max Torque Values

Max Torque Values

I've noticed that the max value I can input in many tables referring to TM, is 640. Even my stock bin has values greater.

When trying to modify the values in the stock bin, after saving, it resets to the 640 number.

Can we get the max increased? I'm not sure, but having this number so low, may be causing KR in my scans.

Thanks,
    xon

All Motor 2001 GA GT1

Re: Max Torque Values

Is this addressed in V2.0? Or is there a quick fix to modify the values in HPT to a larger than 640 number?
    All Motor 2001 GA GT1

Tuner in Training

Quote Originally Posted by xonelith
    Is this addressed in V2.0? Or is there a quick fix to modify the values in HPT to a larger than 640 number?
    My Grand Prix goes higher, it's possible that they haven't figured out to make it higher yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Overclock_This

My Grand Prix goes higher, it's possible that they haven't figured out to make it higher yet.
    Just on the 3400's?

Do you think this error would be the reason for my granny shifts? Is there some way to transpose, maybe in a program outside of HPT, to increase these numbers?
    All Motor 2001 GA GT1

Quote Originally Posted by xonelith

Just on the 3400's?

Do you think this error would be the reason for my granny shifts? Is there some way to transpose, maybe in a program outside of HPT, to increase these numbers?
    The easiest way to find out is to log delivered engine torque, this will show you if your hitting the ceiling of 640. (Possibly log Delivered Trans Output Also)

Is your car stock ?? more than likely it wont be hitting 640 if it is.

Maybe email support the .bin with the 1024 value set, it may be something for a particular OS, supplying them with the OS will give them a chance to look at see what might be missing or causing this value amount difference.

Ross

Quote Originally Posted by EpOcH

The easiest way to find out is to log delivered engine torque, this will show you if your hitting the ceiling of 640. (Possibly log Delivered Trans Output Also)

Is your car stock ?? more than likely it wont be hitting 640 if it is.

Maybe email support the .bin with the 1024 value set, it may be something for a particular OS, supplying them with the OS will give them a chance to look at see what might be missing or causing this value amount difference.

Ross
    I have been scanning the delivered trans TQ, I'm at around 840 sometimes 900.

No I am not stock. Cam, heads, UIM, LIM, headers, full exhaust etc......

The stock bin for the 2001 GA is posted on the depository. Should I send them the link? I haven't gotten a response yet from HPT in this thread, so I will wait for this.

I do have another option, to pay someone to use other software on my car to correct the problem. I don't want to do this as I am currently pretty happy with HPT. Plus I think I got the better software package!!

Any other suggestions?

All Motor 2001 GA GT1

We did have the limits set at the 1024 initially, however this caused problems on many other vehicles so we set everything back to 640 which seems to be the factory setting for most anyways.

If you were the guy who emailed support, i think i asked you to try setting the Retard vs. % Torque Reduction to zero to see if the problem went away. (this will tell me if it is torque management causing the problem).

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners
    We did have the limits set at the 1024 initially, however this caused problems on many other vehicles so we set everything back to 640 which seems to be the factory setting for most anyways.

If you were the guy who emailed support, i think i asked you to try setting the Retard vs. % Torque Reduction to zero to see if the problem went away. (this will tell me if it is torque management causing the problem).

Chris...
    I emailed [email protected]. I didn't get a response yet. I'll check my email again.

Anyways, I did what you mentioned above, and the problem is still there. I'll send you a csv, hpl and bin.

Thanks Chris. I appreciate it!!!!

All Motor 2001 GA GT1