Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: 2.24 teaser screenshot

Advanced Tuner
    Well now that 2.23 seems stable enough I dont see why everyone is going nuts over getting the 2.24...
    2018 Infiniti Q60s

2004 350z/LS2: ERL 434ci, 11.8:1,TFS245cc,262/266@113+3,Fast102,NX 102 plate,60#injectors/return w/twin 255s
    Old setup: CNC'd317s, Fast 102, 228/228@114, PT88,83#injectors/full return system. 10.84@138

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Snyper View Post
    Well now that 2.23 seems stable enough I dont see why everyone is going nuts over getting the 2.24...
    They're probably still stuck on 2.22 released over 2 years ago.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Snyper View Post
    I dont know about you but I will not tune a clients car on a beta.

If I were a customer of a tunershop I would be pissed to say the least that my tuner used a test/somewhat unverified version of a program.

I have to be 100% certain that the program I am using is as reliable as the tuning and adjustments I am making to a PCM.

Nothing against HPTuners, I love this company and all that they do, but over 2 years now and no new non beta update? The whole reason I went with HPTuners is because they promised multiple make tuning and before I bought it came up with new suite about every year.

Just kills me that I have turned down many a customer and told them to go ahead and order a mail tune, chip, or plug in "canned" tuner for their application like bullydog, banks... When what I have to offer is much more beneficial and more worth their money.

That said I know the update will be great when it finally does arrive.

Have you guys finished training the new guy(software engineer) yet?
    2002 NBM WS6
    APS F-BODY TWIN TURBO KIT
    317 Heads
    60# Mototron Injectors
    HPTuners tuned by Sean@Solid-Technology, Abq NM
    610 RWHP DYNOJET on 7.9PSI

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by FIL131 View Post

If I were a customer of a tunershop I would be pissed to say the least that my tuner used a test/somewhat unverified version of a program.

I have to be 100% certain that the program I am using is as reliable as the tuning and adjustments I am making to a PCM.
    The Beta versions that HPT allows the public to use have usually been tested by non-public means prior. The one we get are not the only ones they have, but are typically the most stable.

That being said, you've missed out on some good revenue turning customers away for that reason alone. Been using the betas for a long time now without issue and am able to support most of my customers needs.
    Jaime

I'd rather not lose three years worth of supported vehicles so I use the beta!
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ElecTech View Post
    The Beta versions that HPT allows the public to use have usually been tested by non-public means prior. The one we get are not the only ones they have, but are typically the most stable.

That being said, you've missed out on some good revenue turning customers away for that reason alone. Been using the betas for a long time now without issue and am able to support most of my customers needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    I'd rather not lose three years worth of supported vehicles so I use the beta!
    Ditto! I see absolutely no reason not to use the beta to tune rigs....

Tuner in Training
    The big thing I'm looking forward to in 2.4 (assuming it'll still be there) is the firmware update to allow scanning of more vehicles.

Beyond that, I'm perfectly fine with 2.23, works well and looks pretty.
    1988 Mazda RX7 TII - Forged 347" LS1/2004r/3600 stall/Stage III Heads/Cheatr Cam/Precision 76GTS/E85/HP Tuners 3 BAR OS

This thread is going to be a year old in a couple days.

Yea, its not the stability of the build that's the issue, its the source server and deployment solution. Its just one thing after another.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Nobody knows what that means
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Nobody knows what that means
    That's geek talk for "so close we can taste it".
    Jaime

I know what I'm going to ask Santa to bring me this year... and that loser better deliver lol
    '20 AT4
    '01 Suburban 2500 Dad Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsolo View Post
    The big thing I'm looking forward to in 2.4 (assuming it'll still be there) is the firmware update to allow scanning of more vehicles.
    I'm looking forward to that also I have a few cars that I would like to scan when the new firmware is out.

02 VW Golf

98 Bonneville SSE
    03 Grandprix GT
    EcoModder

Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    Hopefully a 2.5bar system for 2006 Z06s will be in 2.24!
    *cough* Beta 2.23 *cough*

Have you done it yet?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    Yea, its not the stability of the build that's the issue, its the source server and deployment solution. Its just one thing after another.
    Subversion? If not may I suggest it.

-Don
    2006 Pontiac GTO 6.0L LS2 E40 6 Speed Manual
    2007 Pontiac G5-GT 2.4L LE5 E67 5 Speed Manual

Quote Originally Posted by dtabbs View Post
    Subversion? If not may I suggest it.

-Don

SVN or CVS

Quote Originally Posted by FIL131 View Post

Nothing against HPTuners, I love this company and all that they do, but over 2 years now and no new non beta update? The whole reason I went with HPTuners is because they promised multiple make tuning and before I bought it came up with new suite about every year.

Just kills me that I have turned down many a customer and told them to go ahead and order a mail tune, chip, or plug in "canned" tuner for their application like bullydog, banks... When what I have to offer is much more beneficial and more worth their money.

That said I know the update will be great when it finally does arrive.

Have you guys finished training the new guy(software engineer) yet?

I just wanted to tell you that your fuzzy logic is very flawwed...
    the bugs that exist in the beta are not read/write issues.. they are almost all purely cosmetic... or windows substructure related.

a perfect example...
    I ran into an issue where I could not save files on any other drive other than my C: Drive, and even that was iffy when I tried to go to a directory using the left panel in the file window..especially if I selected a location that was tied to a library that encompassed something on another drive.

it just means that in my case.. I have to save it to one spot and manually copy it to my long term saving spot on the other drive.
    I have 4 partitions going on inside of my 500gb drive in my laptop.

its simple things like this that you will find in the beta...

otherwise, it has a greatly improved amount of vehicles that can be read and written to.
    newer pcm's are way tougher to trash. almost all of them are recoverable if there is an issue thanks to the bootloader section of the pcm file being separate from the calibrations now.
    the amount of tables that you can edit has grown in some calibrations... the "rolling idle" tables for the LS1 are a good enough reason alone for most people to want to use the beta... it can solve a lot of "rolling idle" issues associated with a large duration large overlap cam..

VAST improvements in teh scanner...the simplified layout of how to set up a histogram is on its own a great reason to switch to the beta
    -Scott -

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by soundengineer View Post
    I just wanted to tell you that your fuzzy logic is very flawwed...
    the bugs that exist in the beta are not read/write issues.. they are almost all purely cosmetic... or windows substructure related.

a perfect example...
    I ran into an issue where I could not save files on any other drive other than my C: Drive, and even that was iffy when I tried to go to a directory using the left panel in the file window..especially if I selected a location that was tied to a library that encompassed something on another drive.

it just means that in my case.. I have to save it to one spot and manually copy it to my long term saving spot on the other drive.
    I have 4 partitions going on inside of my 500gb drive in my laptop.

its simple things like this that you will find in the beta...

otherwise, it has a greatly improved amount of vehicles that can be read and written to.
    newer pcm's are way tougher to trash. almost all of them are recoverable if there is an issue thanks to the bootloader section of the pcm file being separate from the calibrations now.
    the amount of tables that you can edit has grown in some calibrations... the "rolling idle" tables for the LS1 are a good enough reason alone for most people to want to use the beta... it can solve a lot of "rolling idle" issues associated with a large duration large overlap cam..

VAST improvements in teh scanner...the simplified layout of how to set up a histogram is on its own a great reason to switch to the beta

I would have to agree, I have used the beta for almost two years now and it's always worked for me. A strange thing that sometimes happens is I will have to unplug the usb cable and plug it back in when switching between using the scanner and the editor, other than that no issues at all.
    1998 Cavalier Z24 - Fully built 3800 V6 running a Precision PT67 billet ball bearing turbo. 601WHP and 511WTQ @ 18psi on 91 octane pump fuel

Raven Autosports

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by raven3800t View Post
    <snip> A strange thing that sometimes happens is I will have to unplug the usb cable and plug it back in when switching between using the scanner and the editor, other than that no issues at all.
    my does that occasionally too. the earlier betas used to freeze up doing certain things bu tnow its perfectly fine so far. even scanned a mazda speed6

Corvette, C5, C6, Gen5, 2010, Camaro, Tuner in Tampa

www.TampaTuning.com

I only use BETA now. I havent found a bug. Love the new graphics. Im getting used to the new tab display. Like everything else, the more you use it the more you learn