Thread: Help! Anyone see an obvious problem with my BIN?

Potential Tuner

Help! Anyone see an obvious problem with my BIN?

Wheres my power at? Car certainly is being held back somewhere..

Vehicle: 2002 C5
    AFR 205 heads milled 0.030
    Cometic Gaskets
    Z06 MAF
    Blackwing Intake
    Comp Cams 222/222 581/581 +4 on 115 LSA

VE tuned dead on via wideband method, wideband in car...
    MAF scaling is right.

I Still have stock injectors, which i know should be getting close to maxed out with this setup. The wierd thing is that the car is running/scanning very inconsistent. I even disabled all fuel trims (i have a wideband to verify A/F so I am not concerned) and the car is still performing inconsistent.

For example, tuning it tonight i was first hitting 13.5 A/F @ 5500 RPM with the injectors running at 17MS (faily high duty cycle)
    After fattening up power enrichment it is maintaining 12.56 A/F with the injectors at 16-17MS.. how did the duty cycle not go up? "This can only mean the car is making inconsistent power.

Another oddity is that even with A/F ratios tuned and confirmed the same, same timing, etc, the car will run alot faster in SD mode than with the MAF enabled (even putting out the same a/f). I am seeing no knock retard.
    Its 66 degrees outside and with the MAF enabled the car is barely spinning the tires in 1st gear. However, earlier with SD at the same A/F ratio and timing the car was roasting the tires on command.

Is there some sort of blockade to power thats kicking in that i haven't disabled in this tune? I know with the good amount of timing im running and the flow of these heads the injectors should not have so much more headroom at a 12.5 a/f.. (i still cant explain how @ the same duty cycle they were 13.5 a/f before as well). The wideband im using has been tested, swapped out and verified so i can rule that out. I'm pulling my hair out over this car, it feels barely faster than a Stock Z06 the way it is now.

Please take a look at my BIN for any errors before i start considering a mechanical issue at fault here. http://supercartuningcenter.com/tuning.bin

Advanced Tuner

Re: Help! Anyone see an obvious problem with my BI

Do you realize you have HIGHER values in your low octane timing table compared to your high octane timing table???

Can you post a dyno-graph??? How about a scan log of some WOT runs???

It is hard to diagnose with out some type of empirical data to see results.

2007 CTS-V LS2

Potential Tuner

Intake air temp of 126? That's at least one reason why the power is down. You say the outside temp was 66?

Your commanded AFR is pretty rich too, but the wideband is reading 1 point higher. Have you tweaked the PE tables? If so, you're fooling the computer into getting the AFR you want.

I'm no expert (or even close), so take my comments with a grain of salt.

John.
    2001 QS/Black Z06, Borla Stingers, Vararam, Longtube headers, HPTuners

Advanced Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by Dellz06
    Intake air temp of 126? That's at least one reason why the power is down. You say the outside temp was 66?

Your commanded AFR is pretty rich too, but the wideband is reading 1 point higher. Have you tweaked the PE tables? If so, you're fooling the computer into getting the AFR you want.

I'm no expert (or even close), so take my comments with a grain of salt.

John.

I agree the IAT of 126 is way out of line for 66 ambient, something rotten there. Also, your WOT AFR is too rich, try to hit 13 to 1 at WOT in the high rpms, just my opinion. Last but not least your injectors are hitting 89% duty cycle. Leaning your WOT AFR to 13 to 1 will help the duty cycle a little, but you need to think about upgrading injectors....

I have always made my highest HP with 28 degrees of timing. Every time I try 30 I dyno lower… just my experiences with timing…

Do you have a dyno-graph you could post???

2007 CTS-V LS2