Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ID1000, wow!

Advanced Tuner

ID1000, wow!

So, after a quick email from Paul @ Injector Dynamics, I had the Correct injector data for my tune.

Today, I got off work, opened up the box of ID1000's, found some connectors and pins, I kind of got worried, thinking that i would need to repin and switch to these connectors that came with the injectors.

I decided to just do a test fit and the LS2 connector fits perfectly. Then since im running a 92mm fast, i use ls1 orings on the bottom, a quick call at to ID and my question was verified. Just had to swap the orings from my current injectors to the ID1000's.

The ID1000's fit in the ls2 fuel rail like a glove. I took my time. cleaned everything up. put it all back together and reflashed with the new tune.

Running pretty rich at first. then the stft's and ltft's kicked in. I couldn't believe how fast it learned the trims!

The attached log is the first drive with the new injectors after swapping from the redrilled stockers.

three laps around my tuning route and i believe the ltft's are already learned.. take a look at the stft's, below 3 at the end! damn.

Car runs so smooth now. I had this baby tuned to the tee and it still had that occasional miss or jerk. now its flawless. prior, when trying to log ltft's i woud get values from -15 to +15 in the same HZ cell, now its solid, ecu commands more fuel, it gets the exact amount it needs

so what im saying is go out, sell your current injectors, a kidney, a baby, whatever it takes to get these injectors in your possession!

I will do another logg tomorrow and see how close i can get the ltfts. i ended with an average of a -9.4% change in the maf.

-Carl

p.s.

Here is a quick video of how smooth the idle is and how the wideband doesnt bounce around anymore

He sent you all the tables need to run the injectors?

Ive been hearing good stuff about them.
    G-FORCE Motorsports
    1941 CR 129 Pearland TX 77581
    281-993-5451 PH 281-993-5421 FAX

www.gforce-tx.com
    [email protected]
    PCM Tuner LSX and SCT <-> How Much Force Can You Take??
    2009 CTS-V 630 RWHP 10.90 @ 129mph

Advanced Tuner
    yep!

They are sweet. Having all the proper data makes a world of difference. Tuning for big injectors becomes so much easier with the proper data.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

I am working with them to get tables for my 2000 Pontiac Bonneville (3800 V6 L67) so I can throw the ID1000's I just picked up in. They didn't have the tables defined for the PCM yet so they are getting all the data set up for me. I can not say enough how awesome they (Tony and Paul) are about getting your questions answered quickly and completely.

If you are looking for new injectors they should be on the top of your list!!

Advanced Tuner
    yeah,, and since my tune is already scaled by 50%, these 1000's fit perfect after cutting the ifr values in half.

this was just a test fit, i am upgrading to a full fuel system this weekend and just wanted to verify how good they are and get the tune straight and ready to go.

-Carl

Carl - Thank you for taking the time to post. Glad it is going well for you.

Trent - I'll respond here so a few others can see what I'm seeing. Your config has the strangest low pulse adder implementation I have seen. Making it more confusing is the fact that the adder units are mislabeled.

Check out the Y Axis units on this table:

I'm quite sure the units are seconds, not milliseconds, but the base offset table has the units in milliseconds. This makes me a little nervous. If the units are mislabeled, could there be issues with the low pulse adder calculations?

Maybe Dave or someone else can chime in?

Your fuel pressure regulator is MAP referenced isn't it?

In any case, I'm going with the idea that they are just mislableled and will send the file to you shortly unless someone has something to add.

To everyone else, we have decided to change how we provide data.

We are going to make everything available on the Injector Dynamics website. Several people questioned this decision thinking that it makes it easier for others to copy our modifications, and then use our data.

Fact is, it is only marginally helpful because if they do not have the ability to generate the data themselves, they certainly do not have the ability to properly match a set of injectors, or insure that they fit within a specified range of offsets.

Besides, I can't think of a greater admission of incompetence than swiping a competitors data.

Imagine copying a cold air intake, offering it for half price, and then referring potential customers to your competitors site for the dyno sheet showing how well it works! They don't make an emoticon funny enough to back up that sentence...

In any case, we think this will be a big step forward for the industry as a whole.

Having all the data available online will help in completing the catalog, as we want every possible applicaion covered.

Instead of waiting for a single individual to send a file showing what breakpoints are used in an unfamiliar application, we will have an entire community to put an eyeball on it, and let us know what tables may be needed.

Soon we will all look back and wonder how we did it in "the old days" without proper injector characterization.

Anyone here old enough to remember when chassis dyno's and wideband lambda sensors didn't exist?

Paul Yaw
    Injector Dynamics

That axis has to be mislabeled, because every GM file I've seen ends short pulse at 4ms. Those have to be seconds.

Any chance that a mistake like that extends to calculations? Is there someone to send this to, and see if it can be corrected?

Maybe some poor guy locked in a dark room writing code all day?

Paul Yaw
    Injector Dynamics

Quote Originally Posted by Injector Dynamics View Post
    Any chance that a mistake like that extends to calculations? Is there someone to send this to, and see if it can be corrected?

Maybe some poor guy locked in a dark room writing code all day?

Paul Yaw
    Injector Dynamics
    I doubt those impact calculations. I think HP Tuners writes the definition for the axis labels on their own.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks to DSteck my ID850's will be heading to their new home soon in my 2009 CTS-V
    2009 CTS-V 2.9l KDi Whipple- Stainless Works 2" pimary headers-Stainles works 3" exhaust-New Era-KD Innovations ported TB-KDi HX-KDi HX pump-222/234 .605"/.615" 120lsa +3

Senior Tuner
    i ran these in my cobalt ss/sc before i sold it. best injectors i have ever run in a car, or tested. hands down.

they are slowly catching on in the cobalt world. i have put in a couple sets here for e85 cars.
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

Advanced Tuner
    Anyone here old enough to remember when chassis dyno's and wideband lambda sensors didn't exist?

Paul Yaw
    Injector Dynamics
    Yep, That would be Me

I can't say enough about How Awesome these injectors are and the support is second to NONE.

We are Using them Exclusively in everything we can make them fit in.

Ted.

To everyone else, we have decided to change how we provide data.

We are going to make everything available on the Injector Dynamics website. Several people questioned this decision thinking that it makes it easier for others to copy our modifications, and then use our data.

Fact is, it is only marginally helpful because if they do not have the ability to generate the data themselves, they certainly do not have the ability to properly match a set of injectors, or insure that they fit within a specified range of offsets.

Besides, I can't think of a greater admission of incompetence than swiping a competitors data.

Imagine copying a cold air intake, offering it for half price, and then referring potential customers to your competitors site for the dyno sheet showing how well it works! They don't make an emoticon funny enough to back up that sentence...

In any case, we think this will be a big step forward for the industry as a whole.

Having all the data available online will help in completing the catalog, as we want every possible applicaion covered.

Instead of waiting for a single individual to send a file showing what breakpoints are used in an unfamiliar application, we will have an entire community to put an eyeball on it, and let us know what tables may be needed.

Soon we will all look back and wonder how we did it in "the old days" without proper injector characterization.

Paul Yaw
    Injector Dynamics
    It's this post that that has helped me make my decision to make ID the supplier for my next and all future sets of fuel injectors for my and my customers' cars.

These look really interesting. If the 3800 v6 tables are figured out I will definitely be looking for a set of ID850 injectors for my new setup.
    Last edited by SlowFiero; 03-11-2011 at 02:32 PM.
    1986 Fiero GT

L36 3800, 6262 billet turbo, 206/206 cam, ID1000, 4T65E, 235/60R15 M/T DR.

10.263 @ 134.44 MPH with 1.49 60' @ 3130lbs

3800 V6 tables are done, but as always I would like a screen capture, or excel file to confirm that your tables are exactly the same as Trents Bonneville.

You can PM or email to me at [email protected]

Still working on getting everyting together for posting on the website.

Tuner in Training
    Got my ID850's in...

What a dream to work with:

Idle quality A+
    Lower STFT swings A+
    Steady state fueling A+
    PE AFR stability A+

Thanks Dsteck and Paul...

As a novice tuner/hobbist these are worth there weight in gold as is the correct data to go with them. As many have told me tuning starts with fueling correctly although I understood what was being told to me I never fully grasped the levity of that statement until now. My Caddy now idles like a Caddy and to be honest better than with stock, SD's, or drill stock injectors.

Any new project will have ID in them... period
    Last edited by PhxTriode; 03-16-2011 at 12:35 PM.
    2009 CTS-V 2.9l KDi Whipple- Stainless Works 2" pimary headers-Stainles works 3" exhaust-New Era-KD Innovations ported TB-KDi HX-KDi HX pump-222/234 .605"/.615" 120lsa +3

Tuner in Training
    I am about to install my Injector Dynamics injectors today...cant wait to see how well they work.
    I got mine after a recomendation from Ted at Jannetty Racing.
    Hoping my car is gonna a beast with these.
    2010 Camaro SS with a 427 stroker and a Kenne Bell Supercharger
    2010 Camaro SS - 427 Stroker - Kenne Bell - 735 rwhp / 665 rwtq
    2005 Pontiac GTO - HP Tuners, flowmaster mufflers ...12.77@108 344 rwhp /344 rwtq
    2004 Silverado 2500HD Diesel - 527 rwhp / 840 rwtq...so far

Quote Originally Posted by EZ SPEED View Post
    I am about to install my Injector Dynamics injectors today...cant wait to see how well they work.
    Thanks for posting.

Hopefully your purchase included a link to this page: Injector Dynamics Application Data and you found the data you need for your tune?

Please PM me if you have any problems finding what you need.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Carl - Thank you for taking the time to post. Glad it is going well for you.

Trent - I'll respond here so a few others can see what I'm seeing. Your config has the strangest low pulse adder implementation I have seen. Making it more confusing is the fact that the adder units are mislabeled.

Check out the Y Axis units on this table:

I'm quite sure the units are seconds, not milliseconds, but the base offset table has the units in milliseconds. This makes me a little nervous. If the units are mislabeled, could there be issues with the low pulse adder calculations?

Maybe Dave or someone else can chime in?

Your fuel pressure regulator is MAP referenced isn't it?

In any case, I'm going with the idea that they are just mislableled and will send the file to you shortly unless someone has something to add.
    For which vehicle year/make/model & os id?
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"