Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Injectors only going to 78% DC

I was actually asking what injectors HoP was running in this setup. Looking at the data on the injectors it appears they are ZR1 injectors? I went back and looked at datalogs and looks like the Black Z is only pulling in ~480g/sec and 86% duty @ 7000rpm .89lambda. So Sebast I'd say you have a little more potent motor than Jareds. I still don't particularly like the cam thats in Jareds car... I have a custom grind that would pick his up some but I doubt he'll ever change anything on it now.

HoP, you are more than likely running it way too rich via too much MAF. Reason I say that is because you flatline airflow @ 512g/sec @ ~5400rpm and from then on should normally start leaning out since it is not adding fuel from there forward which you can see in the injector pulsewidth dropping however the amount it drops pulsewidth it would have leaned out hard core if the fueling was set to .87-.89 lambda from the get go. Lean it out and drop the MAF table and I bet you don't max out the MAF table.

The only o2 feedback I'm going from is the narrowband sensors but going from 18.x ms to 13.x ms it was still above 870mV+ tells me you are washing the cylinders down rich.

Try this MAF Transfer... bet it solves your issue.
    Last edited by LSxpwrdZ; 01-26-2013 at 03:35 PM.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Advanced Tuner
    An update,

I had to upgrade the OS so it would read a higher maf. After the upgrade it ran out flawless.

Injectors are LS9 and they max at @97% idc. It really does pull that much air, I was surprised I had to upgrade the OS.

On a superflow dyno at 10% load for the wot run she made 613 rwhp.

Quote Originally Posted by HoP View Post
    An update,

I had to upgrade the OS so it would read a higher maf. After the upgrade it ran out flawless.

Injectors are LS9 and they max at @97% idc. It really does pull that much air, I was surprised I had to upgrade the OS.

On a superflow dyno at 10% load for the wot run she made 613 rwhp.
    This is what i have predicted on post 7.

But I'm 100% sure the you have wrong data somewhere, because 97% DC on the LS9 injectors with this N/A setup are impossible at 613 rwhp
    '08 Black Z06
    PCM Tuned, LG super RAM, AR Headers, Hoosier DR2 295-55-15, MSD Atomic air force intake, Iceman 7.0 cam

Best N/A E.T. : 8.836
    Best N/A Mp/h : 159.75
    DA for this pass: 0'

Advanced Tuner
    Data for the injectors comes straight from a 2012 zr1. These heads we have done are very efficient, the combustion chambers can take a lot of spark, they flow 418cfm. This might be the contributing factor as to why there is only 97% idc to make over 600. Static comp for this motor is 11.6:1 dr is I believe right around 9.3:1 with this camshaft. The car is great and fun to drive customer says on the freeway he averages 17-19mpg, overall with both street and freeway driving he's at 15.2.

I just did a few days ago a similar setup but this car got the evil twin cam instead, same wcc 274 heads and used a factory intake, halltech bridge, factory tb, factory injectors, arh 1 7/8 long tubes. He pegged the MAF as well and made 568 rwhp. Assuming with the original car pegging the maf you think that incorrect injector data would cause the idc or maf to peg....maybe but this car had factory injectors and factory data and still pegs the maf and also hits 97 idc.

Data for the injectors comes straight from a 2012 zr1. These heads we have done are very efficient, the combustion chambers can take a lot of spark, they flow 418cfm. This might be the contributing factor as to why there is only 97% idc to make over 600. Static comp for this motor is 11.6:1 dr is I believe right around 9.3:1 with this camshaft. The car is great and fun to drive customer says on the freeway he averages 17-19mpg, overall with both street and freeway driving he's at 15.2.

I just did a few days ago a similar setup but this car got the evil twin cam instead, same wcc 274 heads and used a factory intake, halltech bridge, factory tb, factory injectors, arh 1 7/8 long tubes. He pegged the MAF as well and made 568 rwhp. Assuming with the original car pegging the maf you think that incorrect injector data would cause the idc or maf to peg....maybe but this car had factory injectors and factory data and still pegs the maf and also hits 97 idc.
    Just a fast looking at you're log, stft are way off at 20- 25%..... I doubt that you are correct for wot fueling .... Anyway this is you're buisness.
    Last edited by Sébast19X; 01-26-2013 at 08:59 AM.
    '08 Black Z06
    PCM Tuned, LG super RAM, AR Headers, Hoosier DR2 295-55-15, MSD Atomic air force intake, Iceman 7.0 cam

Nice update

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Charles View Post
    Nice update
    I don't think so....
    '08 Black Z06

I still think it's rich personally because of what I said in my last post.... 97% on the stock injectors should yield that HP but not ZR1 injectors unless it is running 9:1 AFR.... Is this thing on E85?
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Sébast19X View Post
    Just a fast looking at you're log, stft are way off at 20- 25%..... I doubt that you are correct for wot fueling .... Anyway this is you're buisness.

This car had ARH long tubes and the O2 sensor bungs are almost 1.750 inches tall. The O2 itself barely comes into the collector. I have 2 widebands that I run on the dyno, it was perfect at 14.4.to 15.1 during cruise. Look at a set of ARH longtubes for an LS7 you'll see what I'm talking about, these where bought back in 06 they've more than likely addressed this issue. I had to cut the bungs down almost an inch and re tap the bung just to get the O2 into the exhaust stream.

Aside from that the purpose of the log was to show with factory injectors at wot where stft's do not exsist that a MAF can be pegged with an efficient package.

Aside from that the purpose of the log was to show with factory injectors at wot where stft's do not exsist that a MAF can be pegged with an efficient package.
    LS9s are not factory injectors.

I think a lot of people are questioning this because LS7 injectors (20% smaller than LS9) can make that kind of power when peaked out. LS9s should go to 700whp NA before they are done.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    LS9s are not factory injectors.

I think a lot of people are questioning this because LS7 injectors (20% smaller than LS9) can make that kind of power when peaked out. LS9s should go to 700whp NA before they are done.
    That car with the 2nd log is from a factory 06 z06 with my head and cam package. it runs factory injectors (ls7), the first log and tune are from a 09 z06 which runs ls9 injectors

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by LSxpwrdZ View Post
    I still think it's rich personally because of what I said in my last post.... 97% on the stock injectors should yield that HP but not ZR1 injectors unless it is running 9:1 AFR.... Is this thing on E85?

Here's the log after applying the enhancement. The AFR was 11.8:1 at peak torque @ 5600 rpms and leaned out to 12.4:1 at peak horsepower.

The injector data is spot on that's why I put the tune up, because I was baffled as to how the maf could peg so easily with these heads. I knew the heads had awesome flow numbers. Before the new top end package under a wot run i would start with @99 kpa and it would finish the run with 94kpa indicating to me that I was pulling to much vacuum under wot so that's why we went with the 102 tb and lsxr 102 manifold and bigger heads.

The mods done to the engine are pretty extensive, forged motor 11.6:1 comp, the cam is pretty huge with a nice wide duration to compensate for the intake / exhaust relationship. Heads flow over 418cfm at .650, 2" primary kooks headers and so on. The combustion chambers allow for some serious timing, trust me the knock sensors work but she wants timing and you can see in the log she likes it.

The car does make 600+ rwhp watch the lb/min or g/cyl that will prove it.
    Last edited by HoP; 01-28-2013 at 03:00 PM.

Here's the log after applying the enhancement. The AFR was 11.8:1 at peak torque @ 5600 rpms and leaned out to 12.4:1 at peak horsepower.

The injector data is spot on that's why I put the tune up, because I was baffled as to how the maf could peg so easily with these heads. I knew the heads had awesome flow numbers. Before the new top end package under a wot run i would start with @99 kpa and it would finish the run with 94kpa indicating to me that I was pulling to much vacuum under wot so that's why we went with the 102 tb and lsxr 102 manifold and bigger heads.

The mods done to the engine are pretty extensive, forged motor 11.6:1 comp, the cam is pretty huge with a nice wide duration to compensate for the intake / exhaust relationship. Heads flow over 418cfm at .650, 2" primary kooks headers and so on. The combustion chambers allow for some serious timing, trust me the knock sensors work but she wants timing and you can see in the log she likes it.

The car does make 600+ rwhp watch the lb/min or g/cyl that will prove it.
    Man you made me laugh.... Why you'Re O2 running all the run near 950 mV ... I supposed you have a logical explanation too.
    You run timing just because you're cam is big and the DCR are low.

Too much wrong calibration for me here I leave the post.

'08 Black Z06

Advanced Tuner
    Man you made me laugh.... Why you'Re O2 running all the run near 950 mV ... I supposed you have a logical explanation too.
    You run timing just because you're cam is big and the DCR are low.

Too much wrong calibration for me here I leave the post.

I'm aware of the o2's being high on the mv that's not the discussion. The discussion is airflow through the maf. And I put up another run showing just that with o2 sensors in the .860's. The point of the forums asshat is to ask a question about a problem and to get some advice. Do us all a favor and leave.

I'm aware of the o2's being high on the mv that's not the discussion. The discussion is airflow through the maf. And I put up another run showing just that with o2 sensors in the .860's. The point of the forums asshat is to ask a question about a problem and to get some advice. Do us all a favor and leave.
    For sure I will leave you're stupid post. I'm wondering why you ask question, because you seems to know all the answer and you d'ont have a probleme at all.

All best tuner here, not just myself, try to show you that you have something wrong somewhere, and you're keep you're position. Never in the world, an LS7 N/A with you're junk combo move that much of an airflow sees in you're last log.

I would never let you touch my car with a 12' pole.

Seb
    '08 Black Z06

Advanced Tuner
    For sure I will leave you're stupid post. I'm wondering why you ask question, because you seems to know all the answer and you d'ont have a probleme at all.

All best tuner here, not just myself, try to show you that you have something wrong somewhere, and you're keep you're position. Never in the world, an LS7 N/A with you're junk combo move that much of an airflow sees in you're last log.

I would never let you touch my car with a 12' pole.

Seb
    Maybe I should disconnect the up pipe going into the maf right? Because according to your superior knowledge with the ls7 it is impossible to move that much air NA.

Furthermore a "junk combo" again your intelligence is mind numbing. Brodix heads are junk? Must be why MAST, WCCH, and other top players use them huh?

The cam used you have no clue what the spec is or do you even understand camshaft dynamics properly.

You sir should keep your mouth shut and listen or perhaps ask questions yourself..... you just might just learn something.

If the MAF sensor is in a 4" pipe it isn't moving that much air, the MAF frequency wasn't high enough to move that amount of airflow... what we are trying to say is that your MAF is showing a lot of airflow movement but the ECM is matching that with an excess amount of fuel indicating that there is too much airflow in your MAF table...

I've done a few of these setups and it sure will make the power but you really need to triple check your widebands because you are way richer than 11-12afr on that setup.

I still encourage you to just input the MAF tables I posted earlier to see what it does...
    ShorTuning

Tuner in Training
    ^^ Simply brilliant
    Last edited by 98S10; 02-01-2013 at 09:37 PM.
    98 s10 5.3 5spd.

Quote Originally Posted by LSxpwrdZ View Post
    If the MAF sensor is in a 4" pipe it isn't moving that much air, the MAF frequency wasn't high enough to move that amount of airflow... what we are trying to say is that your MAF is showing a lot of airflow movement but the ECM is matching that with an excess amount of fuel indicating that there is too much airflow in your MAF table...

I've done a few of these setups and it sure will make the power but you really need to triple check your widebands because you are way richer than 11-12afr on that setup.

I still encourage you to just input the MAF tables I posted earlier to see what it does...
    Agreed. 1.51 g/cyl would be in the vicinity of 680 ft-lbs of torque measured at the tires, and that setup just won't do that. I too believe the airflow numbers are artificially high. Do you have logs showing commanded AFR and actual wideband AFR? What wideband?

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

I'm leaning towards partial Wideband error and partial weak MAF sensor.
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap