Thread: Please Help!!!

Please Help!!!

truck has had a tune on it since 05. Its a 04 GMC Sierra 5.3 A4. today, it drove fine all day. Went to start it a little while ago, and it would not start and would not recognize my key as Driver 1 like it always has. It would turn over for a second then die. Started pulling fuses and got the truck to start and stay running. but now the radio is dead, and gear indicator (little line under PRNetct) is not on reverse lights are out. Also, door looks/windows do not work and key fob does not work. BUT, if I hit the power button on the radio (factory btw) even though the radio does not turn on, suddenly I get the gear indicator, backup lights and power locks/windows/alarm but only for about a minute then I have to hit the button again. Went to connect my scanner, and says cannot read the VCM make sure your key is in the RUN position. Close it out again, and try it again and it says something about the diagnostic port not getting power.

What is wrong? BCM? ECM should be fine if the truck starts and runs right?
    Why the heck did it just happen???
    04 Carbon Metalic GMC SIERRA ECSB- 5.3L, 3.73 locker, loaded
    tint, dark silver metalic spray-on bedliner
    15.500 @ 86.68 -STOCK

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Sounds like a battery or wiring issue.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

I will try a battery. Thanks. That can cause all those issues?
    15.500 @ 86.68 -STOCK

Bill, you are a genius! I had another battery from my car, swapped it out, everything works! Crazy how it can cause all those issues all of a sudden. Either way, seems to be good, thank you so much!
    15.500 @ 86.68 -STOCK