Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Cruze 1.4T Tuning?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by rallycar2001 View Post
    hey guys! new to the forum! there should be a way to tune the t-stat on these? i havent looked yet... electronic tstat is equiped on these vehicles...
    Yes. There are tables that can be modified to manipulate when the fans turn on. It's more advanced than "ECT is this temp, put my fans at this percent!", but not hard to understand. I personally haven't modified anything just yet in regards to the fans since it still hasn't warmed here.
    2012 Chevy Cruze A6 1LT RS

Formerly - 2004 GTO, 2002 Z28, 2007 Colorado, 2008 Silverado

Tuner in Training
    No not the fans. Is there a way to manipulate the tatat?

Tuner in Training
    *tstat

Tuner in Training
    what is the difference between the cruze tune and the sonic tune that you can buy? are they equiped with different software? im just curious but if one were to buy a sonic tune, wouldnt it work if flashed to a cruze? i thought the motor was exactly the same..

Advanced Tuner
    No not the fans. Is there a way to manipulate the tatat?
    Dunno...why would you want to anyways? Curious.

Advanced Tuner
    btw, the same tables used to manipulate fan parameters influence the electronic thermostat. The ECM lets you desire a certain ECT. Do you have HPTuners?

Potential Tuner

Red face GMH Cruze

Hi Im new so sorry if i should do this some where else But have a problem with 2009 Cruze Z18XER , lack of throttle response down low and believe it is software issue . Has any one come up with a fix . Appreciate any advice / help Cheers Mark

Advanced Tuner
    Might have been touched on and I missed it, but how do I alter the timing past .75 g/cyl?

Tuner in Training
    yes, i do have hptuners. i just started tweaking a cruze yesterday, these things must be corked from the factory. do you get any knock? i get kr at 12*... idk about the .75 g/cyl... i have the same problem. this thing sees 160* iat at wot and 7* kr 4k and up

Advanced Tuner
    yes, i do have hptuners. i just started tweaking a cruze yesterday, these things must be corked from the factory. do you get any knock? i get kr at 12*... idk about the .75 g/cyl... i have the same problem. this thing sees 160* iat at wot and 7* kr 4k and up
    I wouldn't run anything less than 91 octane. I personally run 93 octane here.

These cars are setup from the factory for fuel economy, so you're going to get stupid high AFR, slow PE enrichment, and so forth. Like others, modifying the trans shift times to around .1 makes such a nice difference in the shifts.

I've attached my tune. It is ROUGH, so don't copy it. I'm still trying to understand how things like Pressure Ratio Max work to control boost as I don't think I"m getting full boost where I want it. Seems like until I hit 4k RPM, the boost seems to be held back by something.

Anyone that knows their stuff, feel free to comment on my tune. It's a work in progress.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Gh0st View Post
    Might have been touched on and I missed it, but how do I alter the timing past .75 g/cyl?
    put the cursor on the left side of timing table and click and see what happens. I believe we can edit it.
    2007 Chevy Trailblazer SS AWD with boltons GP tuned
    2012 Chevy Cruze A6 LTZ RS Vermount Stade 0 tuned

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by snowvette View Post
    put the cursor on the left side of timing table and click and see what happens. I believe we can edit it.
    Yeah, but we can't add anything else. We can only change what is there. So my question is, past that final value, how is timing figured out? Does it just continue to lose the last value or is there some calculation that theorizes.

Advanced Tuner
    Barometric Pressure sensor doesn't seem to be valid - PID.51

Advanced Tuner
    Turned off Torque Shaping as Chris mentioned it made the car "snappier". It does, but not in a way I'd like. For instance, letting off the gas at low RPM gives a "jerk" sensation, but it does feel more responsive. I drive the car with my wife and kid, so I want to keep some form of comfort.

I'm finding logging desired boost is nice to do, but now I need to find out why I'm stuck at 217kpa for desired. Probably going to start over from scratch and change a setting and measure its output as I should be. I've been rushing as I have zero time to work on the car.

The only knock I'm getting when commanding 11.3 AFR is during WOT shifts...weird.
    Last edited by Gh0st; 04-27-2013 at 09:46 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Yeah, but we can't add anything else. We can only change what is there. So my question is, past that final value, how is timing figured out? Does it just continue to lose the last value or is there some calculation that theorizes.
    It was my understanding that it continues to use the last value.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Regalgse View Post
    It was my understanding that it continues to use the last value.
    That's what my logs show as well.

Advanced Tuner
    Got the car to get past the 217kpa barrier. Now I just need to figure out what I changed to fix that. Only thing I did was change the Pedal Demand to 230kW, but from what I understand that shouldn't have been needed...

Going to start from scratch, making and detailing changes as I do them. I'll put the info in to a "How To" guide and would be appreciative if anyone with good knowledge can criticize what I put together.

Tuner in Training
    Got the car to get past the 217kpa barrier. Now I just need to figure out what I changed to fix that. Only thing I did was change the Pedal Demand to 230kW, but from what I understand that shouldn't have been needed...

Going to start from scratch, making and detailing changes as I do them. I'll put the info in to a "How To" guide and would be appreciative if anyone with good knowledge can criticize what I put together.
    I don't have a whole lot of knowledge when it comes to tuning the Cruze but I look forward to reading your guide.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Regalgse View Post
    I don't have a whole lot of knowledge when it comes to tuning the Cruze but I look forward to reading your guide.
    Me neither...seems to be very limited information out there too. Chris has provided some good input, but any other information is scarce. It's up to us as a community to figure it out because it seems the Cruze tuning market is "proprietary" by vendors wanting to cash in. Good for them to make a buck, I suppose.

Being this is a new ECM and I've never tuned a turbo car yet, this is me -

Tuner in Training

Thumbs up

Dunno...why would you want to anyways? Curious.
    well i ask out of curiosity because according to service information the sonic is a LUV RPO code for the 1.4L and LUJ for the cruze 1.4L. the parts guy was telling me about a year ago that the intake manifolds are different part numbers, and if my memory serves me correctly, one of these manifolds offer tumbers in the runners and actually move... i doubt it, i havent torn into one yet but it would be interesting to tune that parameter. also i wonder if the sonic gets as much knock as the cruze.. i cant seem to get the cruze im working on to cope with any form of advanced timing. then again, its az, and iat is 155*. a sonic with a true front mount and much smoother intercooler pipe bends would deffinately help...