Page 35 of 44 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Ford tuning in AUS

Advanced Tuner
    They must have fixed the scanner for FG, but last time I tried for MAP i got wrong data (BF) I use SCT for logging knock sensors the PID is (SPK_ADD_AVG_ALL) the others dont work correctly.

It is coming. Right now, our scanner does not support Ford DMRs, the only things you can log are generic parameters.

Tuner in Training
    I have had an odd occurance today.
    Driving along looks like may have gone into overboost threshold limit, after a top gear passing maneuver... engine cut out. And would not start again.
    Trouble codes reported were P1000 and P1227, and no ability to clear them.
    When ford diagnostic was applied , no dtc at all reporting no signal from ecu to injectors. (Seimens60lb). Car had been working fine for months. But this was the longest run it had been on at 500 km. On this tune.
    any suggestions please as towhere to start looking. Maybe injector drivers in ecu cooked? Or what else can I look for?
    Thanks in advance..
    2007 Rspec Typhoon manual.

Tuner
    45T-XR and Eric thanks for the feedback.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigmat View Post
    I have had an odd occurance today.
    Driving along looks like may have gone into overboost threshold limit, after a top gear passing maneuver... engine cut out. And would not start again.
    Trouble codes reported were P1000 and P1227, and no ability to clear them.
    When ford diagnostic was applied , no dtc at all reporting no signal from ecu to injectors. (Seimens60lb). Car had been working fine for months. But this was the longest run it had been on at 500 km. On this tune.
    any suggestions please as towhere to start looking. Maybe injector drivers in ecu cooked? Or what else can I look for?
    Thanks in advance..
    2007 Rspec Typhoon manual.
    Post your tune file mate so we can have a look. I had a issue with mine a while ago throwing the MIL, the boys here helped me out as there was as table that was missing from my strategy that needed adjusting. Toads and hiddeous helped me out and Eric added the table for me

Tuner in Training

Cool My Tune file, which is not much more than a copy of a file I found on here anyway

Quote Originally Posted by 45T-XR View Post
    Post your tune file mate so we can have a look. I had a issue with mine a while ago throwing the MIL, the boys here helped me out as there was as table that was missing from my strategy that needed adjusting. Toads and hiddeous helped me out and Eric added the table for me
    As per attached,
    I do have the MIL light on all the time as a result of this I believe too.

The main issue turned out to be mechanical, the fuel pump spat the hose off the fuel canister. wasn't obvious at first because the pickup point was below the fuel level so I had fuel flow when this was checked.
    But still hasn't got rid of the two other DTC issues.

Thanks in advance. Regards, Mat
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Maybe look at the figures used here for wastegate control. I run 16lb with big exhaust and 3582 turbo.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    thanks Turbotrana, I notice that between yours and mine, the main two tables desired boost and wastegate duty cycle are on different scales. Is there any reason why they are different for both columns and rows, and how do I make the change as it wont let me remove rows or add columns to the tables.
    I can change the values fine just not the number of rows.
    maybe I need a software update?

Advanced Tuner
    I don't think you can change the number of rows or columns. Only the scaling. Mine is for a 2009 FG G6e. Why this would be different I don't know. If you want to use that data you will have to interpolate and edit the axis and rows to suit. My tune is copied and I havn't played with the boost section so I can't tell you much more.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmat View Post
    thanks Turbotrana, I notice that between yours and mine, the main two tables desired boost and wastegate duty cycle are on different scales. Is there any reason why they are different for both columns and rows, and how do I make the change as it wont let me remove rows or add columns to the tables.
    I can change the values fine just not the number of rows.
    maybe I need a software update?
    What's your OS ID? I'll double check the definition.

Tuner in Training
    HACCKAD (quite appropriate actually) as it almost looks like Hacked :-)

does anyone have a map to suit a bf xr6 na with exhaust and big intake?

Hi,

Is it possible to tune the 2002 XR8 (pre can) not having much success connecting.XR8 ecu.JPG

Thanks Joe

Advanced Tuner
    I dont think so mate, pretty sure hp started with the first BA, late 02

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    What's your OS ID? I'll double check the definition.
    I am just checking that you have received the reply. HACCKAD Is the id you want to compare against. For the table column and row counts.
    Also on a separate topic but related. I found by switching the hoses over on the boost solenoid that it no longer boosts anywhere near as much. Or is that a coincidence, I now wonder why or even if there is a right and wrong way.

Guys

Anyone had any experience on an NA FG 6cyl?
    We've had one come in this week to do. It's a speedway sedan. Basically stock engine, extractors, big exhaust, pod filter and that's about it.

Any tips, sample maps etc woul'd be appreciated.

Advanced Tuner
    The last one I did went about 196rwkw in a manual ute, with similar mods

Advanced Tuner
    F6R, what's your shop called?
    04 Velocity MKII M6 & 06 BF F6 555 ZF6

iam having trouble trying to get my head around trying to make the changes for putting bigger injectors in.
    can any help me so i can get my head around it .
    only new to the hp tuner.
    any help

If I currently have a custom tune on my car from a xcal 3 can a hp tuner read the tune and can I edit the tune from there or so I need to start from scratch?

Page 35 of 44 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 ... LastLast