Thread: Missing Fuel Map

Potential Tuner

Missing Fuel Map

I have a 2001 Saturn L200 with a L61 4 cyl 2.2l Ecotec engine and I have HP Tuners installed on a 64bit Windows 7 laptop. When I read the ECU, there isn't an option to edit the fuel map. Am I missing something?
    Last edited by linearbit8; 07-04-2014 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by linearbit8 View Post
    I have a 2001 Saturn L200 with a L61 4 cyl 2.2l Ecotec engine and I have HP Tuners installed on a 64bit Windows 7 laptop. When I read the ECU, there isn't an option to edit the fuel map. Am I missing something?
    Which fuel map? The Power Enrichment table is there, this is the fuel table responsible for your fueling at full throttle. Your part throttle fueling is dictated by the VE tables which are also there.

Potential Tuner
    Are they the table listed under Engine-Airflow-General-Main VE?

Potential Tuner
    How would I tell the injectors to use more or less fuel with this. It looks like just airflow.

Yes, those are the tables. I'd recommend reading a bit on the forum about using them. You would scale down the desired area in the VE table to use less fuel. Start by making small adjustments, such as 5% lower. When it comes to VE tables it can be a good idea to smooth out the transition (from the scaled area to the normal area) after you're done scaling.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks a lot. I'm just trying to get a better understanding of the software before I even try to attempt a tune.