Thread: ECM Clone GM E92

Tuner in Training

ECM Clone GM E92

Hello Mark here, what I would Like to do is this: make a Clone of my existing E92 ECM using a spare ECM. I have tried to Replace and Reprogram a used ECM with SPS with a MDI and the VIN from the Used ECM will not change.
    Can I use hp tuner to clear the VIN of the doner ECM and then use SPS to Replace and Reprogram my stock calibrations? I think I can make a clone if I buy a New ECM, not sure if I can do this with a used ECM .

2015 GMC Yukon XL L83
    E92 ECM serv# 12656993
    Last edited by sparkness; 02-20-2015 at 08:52 AM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    No you cannot.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    OK got that , can I purchase a new ECM then use SPS to Replace and Reprogram my stock calibrations with my vin. this would then be my clone. I'm not an expert with SPS and it allows me to go pretty far before it creates errors. So any used ECM is a brick unless I have some means to clear flash rom area and reload the gm bootloader
    Last edited by sparkness; 02-20-2015 at 03:40 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Unfortunately I've never used sps so I'm no expert either.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by sparkness View Post
    OK got that , can I purchase a new ECM then use SPS to Replace and Reprogram my stock calibrations with my vin. this would then be my clone. I'm not an expert with SPS and it allows me to go pretty far before it creates errors. So any used ECM is a brick unless I have some means to clear flash rom area and reload the gm bootloader
    You could do that, however you will probably need to reprogram it in your car. GM recently imposed some restrictions when it comes to bench flashing ECMs.