Thread: 2011 Camaro 6 speed Nightfury cam install

Tuner in Training

2011 Camaro 6 speed Nightfury cam install

hey guys i installed my nightfury cam this weekend and been messing with the tune, it wouldn't start without keeping my foot on the gas so i changed a few things and now the car cranks and idles well but it will backfire/pop if i am at idle and stomp the gas then revs fast. it happens fast so not sure if the log is picking it up. it also backfires/pops when i shift gears (as in let off the gas going from first and once in gear in second and flooring the gas) it will pop or backfire pretty much anytime i go from closed throttle to full throttle. can someone take alook at my latest tune file and log and let me know what i should do and what you see in the log.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    can anyone explain how to log base running airflow or raf in the scanner for the 2011 camaro, i used it to load my 1968 camaro swapped ls to dail in the base running airflow. however i can't find the same pids for the 2011 camaro

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    if it pops and backfires, something is not right. cam sensor or crank sensor something wrong. also what PCM you are using
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Do you have a wideband?

If not, refrain from any throttle over 50% TPS until you get one.

Your tune needs work especially PE and you look a little rich down low.

A rich condition, incorrect pushrods, cam timing, etc can cause popping and backfire as well as what the other gentlemen stated.
    Last edited by POWERZONE; 02-24-2015 at 04:58 PM.
    POWERZONE- AUTOMOTIVE PERFORMANCE AND TUNING SOLUTIONS
    STREET TUNING/DYNO TUNING/TRACK TUNING/REMOTE TUNING/EMAIL TUNING
    [email protected]

Tuner in Training
    thanks had someone check it out and they are working on it, no more backfire or popping now.